• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Good post by @psuhoffman on late January & beyond…

“The "other side" of whatever slight warm up we get is now on the GFS and its wicked cold.

COLD.thumb.png.63e5caa7bc10d1da87beac9e7c3d9cbf.png

This is much closer to a Feb 2003, 2015 look than 2010 which is fine, just a different way to win.  The ideal progression would be that dumps the cold back down...then the NAO tanks again with cold trapped under it.  That's how we roll through into March with threat after threat.  And it’s actually what the guidance suggests. “

• Like 2

Extended 18z HRRR is interesting toward the end. Occluded front comes through overnight tonight and brings falling temps back to around freezing tomorrow. There’s the arctic front that then comes through Sat night-Sun morning that sharply brings temps down with the arrival of the actual arctic air. Tries to model a line of squalls crossing the state with it. Perhaps something to keep an eye on this weekend. This feature is showing on other high res guidance like the 3k NAM and RRFS.

image.thumb.png.f26a6dfaeb31df164adbb715ff07643c.png

image.thumb.png.af4a7d2488e031cdfb2d394b7b40ce97.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Extended 18z HRRR is interesting toward the end. Occluded front comes through overnight tonight and brings falling temps back to around freezing tomorrow. There’s the arctic front that then comes through Sat night-Sun morning that sharply brings temps down with the arrival of the actual arctic air. Tries to model a line of squalls crossing the state with it. Perhaps something to keep an eye on this weekend. This feature is showing on other high res guidance like the 3k NAM and RRFS.

image.thumb.png.f26a6dfaeb31df164adbb715ff07643c.png

image.thumb.png.af4a7d2488e031cdfb2d394b7b40ce97.png

You have Route 80's attention. 

1 hour ago, Festus said:

Pretty remarkable that 49 out of 50 states has a NWS product(s) issued (yes, AK and HI have something).  Guess Arizona is the place to be.

US.png

Yup...lol

But, it was 27 this morning again, and we did have a freeze warning, which obviously expired now.

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

The bad news today is that a homeless woman tried to bite me. The good news is last time a homeless woman tried to bite me was the first week in January 2016.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hmm, if Atomix were here...

Edit-We do have Canderson though who may add some color to this.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I thin Nam would eventually have been a lot more snow than the Icon.  Not sure about the Rgem, having issues with what vort to focus on. 

You may be right, but I'd consider it a win either way. But I  do think the Rgem would have come thru for us too. Very similar to Gem.

I'll have the 18z Gem in an hour or less for comparison.  :)

• Like 2

So which is the worse model? The model that 1st picked up on a storm idea, then after a few runs with a storm, shiws a weak pos?  Or the models that picked up on the storm a day later then loses the storm the day after the model that first picked up on a storm idea? Because that is the way it looks "now." It could change, of coirse, but which models remains the question. 

I think none is any better or worse than the other.