Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No sleet here yet but the snow is more noisy....the flakes probably melted a bit on the way down and refroze.

Interesting ground ob that in Winchester & Stephens City they have just transitioned back to all snow & heavy at that. They had been sleeting for the last 2 hours or so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paxpatriot said:

Lived in Waynesboro for a few years! Great area. Work in Hagerstown, but weekend snow doesn’t impact that, lol. Glad to hear we’re all getting some snow around here!

I enjoy the area, Waynesboro country club is a nice family friendly and affordable spot to play some golf and hang out. 

• Like 1

Hi guys.  I was called away unexpectedly, but I'm back with current update...

At 2:15pm it was snowing heavily in Carlisle.  The temperature is still 29.8 degrees with a dew point of 28.9 and a wet bulb of 29.3.  Since my noon observation with a storm total then of 0.7", I just measured a new storm total of 2.5".  That means that during the past 2 hours and 15 minutes an additional 1.8" has accumulated.   I have 118 replies to catch up on.  I'll be back at 3:00.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Terp (MA) just made his model call....all did very poorly but the Euro did the least poorly.  LOL.  

12z Nams did best here because they had the least snowfall. That said, yesterday the Gfs started showing the bubble of warmth heading north too, so it wasn't so bad either.

Just now, DDweatherman said:

CC is breaking down SE again and just as I say that I've gone back over to mostly SN, pretty heavy as well. 

Like you said, HRRR shows snow here later but it initialized very poorly as to precip types.   Shows all snow way to our south at 2PM.    Back to sn+ here.  Rain only lasted during a lull in rates. 

Just now, mitchnick said:

12z Nams did best here because they had the least snowfall. That said, the Gfs started showing the bubble of warmth heading north too, so it wasn't so bad either.

I think he was talking from MR/the last week...plus for their area so may be some different thoughts in relation to that as well. 

Definite lull here at the moment.  Visibility near 1 mile.  Guessing a little rain mixing in.  Steelers at Ravens starts at 4:30.  First half could be amusing until the back edge moves through.

• Like 1