Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

18z Euro - I'm 10 miles away from 1". 

It’s gonna be quite the ride down here. I’ve been beating the drum all week for Lancaster being ground zero on the mixing battle. Gradient should be impressive across the county. Could be 6” in Etown and a trace at the MD border. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

It’s gonna rain a lot - no need for anyone S of MDT to shovel imo

maybe maybe not last night's early this morning signs up a warm tongue coming from MD into southern PA in latest model runs is now showing to be colder and mix or rain is south of PA/MD line. Maybe it will pan out maybe it wont 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

The latest long range HRRR still wants to shove a warm 850mb warm nose up into the Route 78/81 corridor tomorrow evening.  Wants to change anyone south of Route 30 to rain as well.  

IMG_3990.png

And I think we know from experience that warm tongue is always too far south on the models 

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

And I think we know from experience that warm tongue is always too far south on the models 

The speed of the system is a problem as well.  It is in and out in 9 hours for any one location.  If you switch over to a mix halfway through, you are lucky to see 2-3”

9 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

The latest long range HRRR still wants to shove a warm 850mb warm nose up into the Route 78/81 corridor tomorrow evening.  Wants to change anyone south of Route 30 to rain as well.  

IMG_3990.png

That’s on all the models