joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

36 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That is one wound up beast for next week - this is just through 7am Wednesday:

p168i.gif?1704299005

Correct me if I'm wrong but this qpf map includes the upcoming weekend storm.  7-day qpf.  That helps take some of the melting sting out of the rain.

3 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this qpf map includes the upcoming weekend storm.  7-day qpf.  That helps take some of the melting sting out of the rain.

Yes, you are correct...at the same time, this map does not include the entirety of next week's storm. 

11 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Ukie held

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma (9).png

and like so many times in the past, that blue dot between the 4.9 is right over my house.  Some things never change....hehe (not for a second do I really care or worry about it) - just funny how models consistently do that for Lanco.  It's like they troll me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Speaking of snow droughts - interesting data from the Sierra village of Mammoth Lakes. Even some of the snowiest areas of the country are hurting badly this season - 

As of 1/3/2023: 262" of snow had fallen for the season (January would end with 397")

As of 1/3/2024: 13" of snow has fallen for the season (12" of which fell yesterday) 

First off, hello! Just joined the forums.  Was AccuChris on old Accuweather forums, am AccuChris on WxDisco forums which presently is down for upgrades, so I needed my meteo disco hunger fed so here we are. 12z GFS total run Kuchera snow map below. Tons of potential next 2 weeks but we dont shovel potential.  Still very impressive overall and lots to track

IMG_3975.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

First off, hello! Just joined the forums.  Was AccuChris on old Accuweather forums, am AccuChris on WxDisco forums which presently is down for upgrades, so I needed my meteo disco hunger fed so here we are. 12z GFS total run Kuchera snow map below. Tons of potential next 2 weeks but we dont shovel potential.  Still very impressive overall and lots to track
IMG_3975.thumb.png.bdc43c4f652d40fbf975edbbf831db79.png
If I receive 31.6" on the aggregate for the rest of the season, I'll take a front end dump and wash.

And I'll establish an OnlyFans to document it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

IMG_3975.png

@AccuChrisGlad to see you in here. This is really the only other forum I care to read

besides our Wx/Disco forum. I thought Gary would have us up for the upcoming storm,

but not yet. 

• Thanks 1

No matter how the cards fall in the next couple weeks, it's great to see chances lining up in the short/medium terms. 

ENS guidance still wants to dump the trough in the west until about 8-10 days when a more basin wide look seems to show.  Hoping we can score a couple before that happens.  Further out, with AO/NAO still neg and PNA showing a move twds neutral, that basin wide look might have merit and could be fun for us.  

7 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

IMG_3975.png

Welcome from Lebanon!

• Thanks 1

[mention=20742]AccuChris[/mention]Glad to see you in here. This is really the only other forum I care to read
besides our Wx/Disco forum. I thought Gary would have us up for the upcoming storm,
but not yet. 

Geeter how are ya!! Glad to see you here!! Glad to leave that other one

• Like 1

Like a 10 minute drive through. LOL
Right. I used to play in traffic on Cumberland Street after dark back in the day and then drag my broken legs home to my shithole above the pet store. Ten minute drive, half hour drag.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Geeter how are ya!! Glad to see you here!! Glad to leave that other one

Hi Anthony !! I still follow you on Facebook. Looking forward to your forecast for the Lehigh Valley.

All the best in the New Year. JOE

• Like 1