Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

While I'm one of a few SE'rs in the group, geographically speaking regarding Chescos involvment in our convo, he is 28 miles from my door.  KPit is 242 miles from same door.

For the record, weather/forecasts for his area are often the same as many in our SE portion of the LSV'rs, so I'll look at his info any day as it aligns w/ quite a few of us climatologically.  

I've no problem when ANYONE comes in to chat it up w/ us....dont care where you reside....BUT if your coming to troll, thats a problem...... no matter where you reside. 

Hope y'all don't mind me here. I'm 2,300 miles away, but I've been a contributor for years, and will likely return once my commitment to my mom ends.

I'm not a troll, but I do like funnin with you guys sometimes with my warmanista tendencies... ;)

• Like 5

@Ralph Wiggum posted this in the Philly thread this morning. It is nice to see the good looks on the ensembles for late December starting to show a potential discrete Winter storm chance.

“Larger window opening up on the ens the last week of Dec as the PAC side amplifies with a transient +PNA and -EPO ridge and a vigorous shortwave slides across the SE.”gem-ens_z500a_namer_59.thumb.png.9fb3f45d37f8baafc803265df27e6f50.pnggfs-ens_z500a_namer_58.thumb.png.e8a6573daad474d535e003a129e23ff8.png

Op gfs hinting at something also.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_56.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@Ralph Wiggum posted this in the Philly thread this morning. It is nice to see the good looks on the ensembles for late December starting to show a potential discrete Winter storm chance.

“Larger window opening up on the ens the last week of Dec as the PAC side amplifies with a transient +PNA and -EPO ridge and a vigorous shortwave slides across the SE.”gem-ens_z500a_namer_59.thumb.png.9fb3f45d37f8baafc803265df27e6f50.pnggfs-ens_z500a_namer_58.thumb.png.e8a6573daad474d535e003a129e23ff8.png

0z EPS has a similar looks as well!

IMG_3609.png

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

0z Gefs snowfall probably the best of the year so far too.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_state_pa (12).png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think it is silly that anyone should be asked to leave because they enjoy weather but do not live in the forum boundaries.  Just ignore someone if you do not want to read their posts.    This is too close to the nasty way some of the MA forum posts come across sometimes when someone from outside tries to contribute.  Many people on here started off on a forum that covered from the tip of Maine down to VA.  One forum for all.  

25 this AM in Blakeslee.  About 2-3"" on the ground.    Will take a beating today with highs in the 50's.  

• Like 4

I think it is silly that anyone should be asked to leave because they enjoy weather but do not live in the forum boundaries.  Just ignore someone if you do not want to read their posts.    This is too close to the nasty way some of the MA forum posts come across sometimes when someone from outside tries to contribute.  Many people on here started off on a forum that covered from the tip of Maine down to VA.  One forum for all.  

25 this AM in Blakeslee.  About 2-3"" on the ground.    Will take a beating today with highs in the 50's.  
What are you doing way up there?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Our daughters BF's family (that is a mouthful) has a cabin so we are getting away for a weekend.  They are here with us.  There is a restaurant up here that we love to go to....Van Gilders Jubilee.  

Don't lie. You went to Great Wolf and can't get away from the paw and pup attractions. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Don't lie. You went to Great Wolf and can't get away from the paw and pup attractions. 

If I had the extra cash to go there, I would brag!  If I went to Great Wolf it would be the one in Williamsburg.  Dinner last night,  my treat, was $170 so licking my wounds this AM.  LOL.  

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think it is silly that anyone should be asked to leave because they enjoy weather but do not live in the forum boundaries.  Just ignore someone if you do not want to read their posts.  

Please post in the apocopate weather forum. Don't venture into uncharted territory! Your reputation is on the line! Don't risk getting banned.

reputation-destroyed-serious.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If I had the extra cash to go there, I would brag!  If I went to Great Wolf it would be the one in Williamsburg.  Dinner last night,  my treat, was $170 so licking my wounds this AM.  LOL.  

Ouch! I've never been, but my wife took my daughter and grandchildren to the one in the Poconos this summer. My daughters has a lot of miles on her car, so they took my wife's. As soon as they checked in, my daughter went out to get some stuff for the kids and barely got far enough down the road to lose site of Great Wolf when a huge buck jumped out in front of her. $5500 damage, but the deer jumped right up and walked away. Lol

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Ouch! I've never been, but my wife took my daughter and grandchildren to the one in the Poconos this summer. My daughters has a lot of miles on her car, so they took my wife's. As soon as they checked in, my daughter went out to get some stuff for the kids and barely got far enough down the road to lose site of Great Wolf when a huge buck jumped out in front of her. $5500 damage, but the deer jumped right up and walked away. Lol

Sorry about that.  I am glad that the deer got away not hurt.

I would guess great wolf is $500 a night at times.

I didn't ask anyone to leave with the exception of staying in their boundaries. 
I did. Screw em. I can appreciate the opinion of those who think otherwise. I can appreciate snownut's appreciation for weather reports from East Nantmeal, as it is closer to him than say, Ridgway, and I have said on many occasions that folks like TugHillMatt are more than welcome here, but the trolls, they can go.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

I didn't ask anyone to leave with the exception of staying in their boundaries. :D

I did not mean to offend, just stating my opinion.  I understand not wanting the drama so my thought was more toward the comments that no one from anywhere but CTP can post.  Can't we all get along.  LOL.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I did. Screw em. I can appreciate the opinion of those who think otherwise. I can appreciate snownut's appreciation for weather reports from East Nantmeal, as it is closer to him than say, Ridgway, and I have said on many occasions that folks like TugHillMatt are more than welcome here, but the trolls, they can go.

Agree!

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not mean to offend, just stating my opinion.  I understand not wanting the drama so my thought was more toward the comments that no one from anywhere but CTP can post.  Can't we all get along.  LOL.

No worries at all. I didn't take it that way. All good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Hope y'all don't mind me here. I'm 2,300 miles away, but I've been a contributor for years, and will likely return once my commitment to my mom ends.

I'm not a troll, but I do like funnin with you guys sometimes with my warmanista tendencies... ;)

Of course you are "one of us".  Everyone knows your situ...

when you poke warm fun, its in fun and not to troll...big diff. (and if it's not in fun....you've been warned :lol:.)

When is my shipment of snow coming......?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

“Larger window opening up on the ens the last week of Dec as the PAC side amplifies with a transient +PNA and -EPO ridge and a vigorous shortwave slides across the SE.”

The word transient is the only problem I have with above...hehe

10 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

trolls is the key word/exception in all of this crap. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sorry about that.  I am glad that the deer got away not hurt.

I would guess great wolf is $500 a night at times.

It's a ripoff. You're paying for the pool and attractions. I haven't been and doubt I ever will. But I'm not a traveler, as in the complete opposite of Canderson. Lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I truly was not directing at you vs. the overall thoughts.  But to each their own.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

0z EPS has a similar looks as well!

IMG_3609.png

Liking that the GFS Ens are showing, but this ^^ is not a great look IMO.  Hoping that ridging in central Canook land gets suppressed as source region (while cold)- is modified polar pacific origin, and while it may get cold enough, that ridge rolls over a tad east.....and you can look at early next weeks rainer and assume something similar IMO.  Just me nitpickin and not forecasting whatsoever. 

21 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Of course you are "one of us".  Everyone knows your situ...

when you poke warm fun, its in fun and not to troll...big diff. (and if it's not in fun....you've been warned :lol:.)

When is my shipment of snow coming......?

I don't know. My buddy that drove refrigerated trucks quit and is going to become a driver instructor.

I gotta find a new connection...

• Haha 1