• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

My forecast (Tamaqua) for tonight made me laugh. The way its worded it would be best to stay out and close the bar before attempting to drive home. You have a 1 hour window to be able to see where you're going... :lol:

:drunk:

Tonight
Patchy fog before 2am, then patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 33. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Kuch maps are still way below the 10-1.  Half or less.  Those surface temps are an issue.   Could be modled wrong though. 

Incredible how Nam and Euro are best. Shame DT's old E-E rule hasn't survived over the years with all those crummy updates. For those who may not know, E-E was when the Euro and Nam, formerly the ETA, were lock step, it was guaranteed per DT.

• Like 1

Just now, mitchnick said:

Incredible how Nam and Euro are best. Shame DT's old E-E rule hasn't survived over the years with all those crummy updates. For those wh may not know, E-E was when the Euro and Nam, formerly the ETA, were lock step, it was guaranteed per DT.

Yes indeed. But like you said, since the update a couple years ago, the Euro hasn't been the same imo. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Incredible how Nam and Euro are best. Shame DT's old E-E rule hasn't survived over the years with all those crummy updates. For those who may not know, E-E was when the Euro and Nam, formerly the ETA, were lock step, it was guaranteed per DT.

I thought of that this morning.  It really is E-E vs the world right now.   

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

HH just for fun.  Lack of true cold air limits it a bit. 

image.thumb.png.7db278ff8b29c5123205be052e8dd0cf.png

Get used to it. This is going to be an inland winter thru mid to late January imho. The best part is we're far enough inland to get in on some of the goods, also mho. Wet snows are very common to strong or super (+2C) Niños as we are in now. Gotta wait until February, maybe late January if we're lucky, before we can expect a "cold" storm.  Also imho.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good rates can accumulate just fine overnight at 33 or 34.

Yeah. Nam actually has me at snow starting at 37 and then drops me to 33. I  did fine with similar temps back in a March 22 event...4"

But like Bubbler, would prefer colder. But you know what they say about beggars...don't waste your time looking for a handout from Mitchnick?  NO! Can't be choosers!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

We all know the deal with these post frontal systems. Cold air usually takes longer to come in than modeled. West winds cut the precip off quickly east of the mountains. Set low expectations.

Yes, but at least it’s something to track & maybe we can luck into a sloppy couple of inches of snow.

• Like 2