• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

31 and flurries in Wolf. The wind is already a little unnerving up here, the monster oaks on the SE corner of my house are swaying a lot. So much so that I have everyone sleeping in the basement bedrooms.

This is the base of the bigger one. 8e40aecebe1c1839e591c6df74a290fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Just now, Tyler Penland said:

Just now went above freezing. Got a little over 1/8" of ice and a half inch of sleet. Enough to make the limbs sag on the trees.

Raingauge is still froze up but it isn't overflowing the intake so once it thaws I'll have a rain reading but it's dumping at the moment.

Awesome!  All rain on Beech.  

14 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

My place on Beech is wide open to the east.  Just clocked a 60 mph gust with a 10min average of 33mph.   All my highest wind readings I get are from the east. 

Wow. Lots more of that is coming.

No wind to speak of yet at my location. 

Picked up .89" over night with lots more to come around. On a remote day from school (which is fine with me ) so I can work and track this from the house :)

9 hours ago, wncsnow said:

O/U Rainfall Totals for this event-

Rainforrest- 6 inches (over)

MET1985- 3 inches (push)

Mercurydime (and me) 4 inches (over)

BooneWx- 3.5 inches (over)

Calculus- 4 inches (over)

Strongwxnc- 4.5 inches (over)

What yall think?

I love the over for me. 1.10 so far in southern Caldwell County and we’re just getting started!

GSP seems a bit bullish on the unusual flow snow starting early this evening for the SW and W facing mountains, particularly the Smokies. It is looking like a potential 10 to 14 hour flow snow event as winds behind the front slowly veer from the SW to W before finally favoring the typical NWFS locations. Winter Weather Advisory appears to be likely later this afternoon. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Maggie Valley Steve said:

GSP seems a bit bullish on the unusual flow snow starting early this evening for the SW and W facing mountains, particularly the Smokies. It is looking like a potential 10 to 14 hour flow snow event as winds behind the front slowly veer from the SW to W before finally favoring the typical NWFS locations. Winter Weather Advisory appears to be likely later this afternoon. 

Seems like there would be a lot of moisture available upstream for the event. Fwiw, the short range models are rather convective looking later tonight and even have some snow showers breaking containment into the foothills. 

• Like 2