Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023-2024 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread

The Alchemist

1 minute ago, Hvward said:

Amped up and no strong high pressure to provide cold air has me concerned. Saturday could still happen but the trend is a stronger warm nose today. Euro Ensemble still looks good, but we have seen that miss as well before.

Yeah that is a big concern.  We might see something on the front end but that might be about it. Still a lot of time.

Haha. Got excited because I saw the "Hot Thread" tag and it's been a while since I've seen one of those around here. Unforutnately, looks like things aren't heading in the right direction. Still time but I'd just hate to punt the first half of January.

• Like 2

I’m afraid Saturday may be our table setting storm. It sucks if so but it’s the sacrificial lamb we need, even in the climate favored areas. 

I’m not saying it won’t sting, cause it will. But laying down a significant snow pack to our north as we go into a VERY strong -NAO is a small victory even if it comes in the form of 35 degrees and rain. 

Based on everything I’ve seen, we aren’t punting. Just simply getting the nice china out of the cabinet and dusting off the wine glasses. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah we get some warm ups ahead of systems of course then it gets cold again. 850t-p105090.conus.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

We need to get rid of this -PNA. If not its going to be rain, get cold, warm up, rain, get cold, warm up, rain. Aka our normal winter pattern most years. 

38 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Cancel winter. It is what it is.

I'm not there yet but its concerning. The Pacific is still ruining our snow chances. I hope we can at least get a few inches of slop before the downpours this Saturday morning. 

Hard to stay optimistic given how awful the past few winters have been. If we've been struggling up here, imagine how our piedmont and coastal friends are feeling. I'd just like one big storm to track. We haven't even had that in forever. 

5 minutes ago, westmc9th said:

Hard to stay optimistic given how awful the past few winters have been. If we've been struggling up here, imagine how our piedmont and coastal friends are feeling. I'd just like one big storm to track. We haven't even had that in forever. 

It is awful. Last year we had no measurable snow and this year isn't working out so far.

• Like 1

Also, idk if I’m the only one to notice this but holy smokes what a year of haves and have nots with regard to rain. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a year long weather pattern where when it rains, we’re talking a foot+ in a very short window and when it flips dry, we are absolutely talking about nothing, zilch, nada for 2 months. There’s been zero middle ground. The pattern is either borderline tropical or it gives you absolutely nothing for 6-8 weeks.

• Like 3