• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

It's currently stuck atop Peter's Mountain.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Peters Mountain in the winter months is like a dividing point that separates slightly warmer conditions to the south of it and colder conditions to the north. It's amazing how that happens. You go from no snow to the south of it to snow laying on the ground north of it. I seen it several times. It separates Dauphin County on the weather side.

DEATH BAND! DEATH BAND! DEATH BAND!

Northern Centre PA-Northern Clinton PA-Cameron PA-Clearfield PA-Elk PA-
1104 AM EST Tue Nov 28 2023

...A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW SHOWERS WILL AFFECT PARTS OF NORTHERN CENTRE... NORTHERN CLINTON...CAMERON...CLEARFIELD...AND ELK COUNTIES...

HAZARDS...A band of heavy snow showers accompanied by winds of 20 MPH which can rapidly reduce visibility to less than one mile.

LOCATION AND MOVEMENT...At 1104 AM EST, a band of heavy snow was along a line extending from 19 miles southeast of St. Marys to 10 miles northeast of DuBois to 10 miles north of Brookville and moving southeast at 25 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
DuBois, Clearfield, Sandy, Woodland, Curwensville, Penfield, Hyde, Plymptonville, Rockton, Karthaus, Snow Shoe, Clarence, Moshannon, Force, Benezette, Pine Glen, Monument, Lecontes Mills, S.B. Elliot State Park, and Medix Run.

For those driving on Interstate 80, this includes areas between the Dubois and Milesburg exits, specifically from mile markers 97 to 150.

This includes the following highways...
Route 119 from near Sykesville to south of DuBois.
Route 219 from north of Grampian to Brandy Camp.
Route 322 from the Jefferson county line to near Wallaceton.
State Road 153 from near S.B. Elliot State Park to Penfield.
State Road 255 from Penfield to south of St. Marys.

SAFETY INFO...
Conditions can deteriorate rapidly in winter weather situations. Be prepared for snow or ice covered roads. Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination.

• Like 1

DEATH BAND! DEATH BAND! DEATH BAND!

Clearfield PA-Elk PA-
1127 AM EST Tue Nov 28 2023

The National Weather Service in State College PA has issued a

* Snow Squall Warning for...
Northern Clearfield County in central Pennsylvania...
Southeastern Elk County in north central Pennsylvania...

* Until 100 PM EST.

* At 1125 AM EST, a dangerous snow squall was located along a line extending from near Brookville to Brockport to 15 miles north of Clearfield, moving southeast at 15 mph.

HAZARD...Flash freeze on roads. Intense bursts of heavy snow. Gusty winds leading to blowing snow and rapidly falling visibility. Wind gusts up to 20 mph.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Dangerous and life-threatening travel conditions are expected to develop rapidly in the warning area.

For those driving on Interstate 80, this includes areas between the Dubois and Snow Shoe exits, specifically from mile markers 97 to 138.

This snow squall will be near...
Penfield and Parker Dam State Park around 1130 AM EST.
DuBois and S.B. Elliot State Park around 1140 AM EST.
Lecontes Mills and Sandy around 1150 AM EST.
Karthaus and Rockton around 1210 PM EST.
Plymptonville around 1220 PM EST.

Other locations impacted by this snow squall include Grassflat, Wallaceton, Weedville, Morrisdale, and Kylertown.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Wet roadways will quickly freeze. Black ice will cause roads, bridges, and overpasses to become slick and dangerous. Slow down and be prepared for a sudden loss of traction.

Consider avoiding or delaying travel until the snow squall passes your location. If you must travel, use extra caution and allow extra time. Rapid changes in visibility and slick road conditions may lead to accidents.

There is no safe place on a highway when a snow squall hits. Visibility and traction are immediately lost in whiteout conditions, making it difficult or impossible to slow down and avoid stopped vehicles. Delay travel or safely exit the highway before the snow squall arrives.

Temps continue to fall here now down to 31.6 a few occasional flurries are flying but suspect the squalls to the west should weaken as they come down this way later
I'll await further reports from areas outside the State College CWA.

Can you also provide for me the current conditions within the seventh circle of Hell?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'll await further reports from areas outside the State College CWA.

Can you also provide for me the current conditions within the seventh circle of Hell?

Between the 6th and 8th circles of hell climate change has been clearly muted......with temps remaining between 50 to 80 centigrade since AD 318. There was a brief noted chilling around 33 AD

Between the 6th and 8th circles of hell climate change has been clearly muted......with temps remaining between 50 to 80 centigrade since AD 318. There was a brief noted chilling around 33 AD
Considering my grandfather, both of them, have been climbing the depth chart of leadership in Hell and have spoken to me multiple times from beyond, I am here to tell you that you're full of shit, as Hell does not recognize the Julian or Gregorian calendars and as such, 318 AD is probably just the apartment number for whoever fed you this nonsense.

They sure as hell wouldn't recognize 33 AD for anything. There simply was no 33 AD.

With a little over one month left in the year, 2023 continues to be in the running for one of the warmest years on record at several cities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Notably, it is easily the warmest on record at DuBois and Bradford, in the higher elevations of the north. Williamsport, Harrisburg, and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area are all in second place to date - in the latter two cities, the records belong to the recent year of 2020; however, the record at Williamsport dates back more than 100 years (1921). While 1921 is the warmest through November 27, the record warmest year at IPT actually occurred much more recently in 2012 (as a warm December enabled that year to overtake the early 20th century challenger). Regardless, if we continue to run warmer than normal in December, this is shaping up to be an historic year weather-wise in the Commonwealth.  I am looking forward, with much excitement, to sharing the final numbers in early January.

Williamsport (2nd warmest)

image.png.3d9dbde3df90ef14db084ab43e00d2a3.png

DuBois (warmest on record - a full 1.3F above #2!!!)

image.png.c98ea558a9250e3c72a5d9401560bd56.png

Harrisburg - Middleton (2nd place)

image.png.d9d2b9b45a86fea89099fd26ce6ad081.png

Bradford (warmest on record - by nearly a full degree!)

image.png.943d9399a2e1b74e9fdbe6247264e4d5.png

Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Avoca, PA (2nd warmest)

image.png.8dc521f780af93de18152dac042a6db8.png

9 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

With a little over one month left in the year, 2023 continues to be in the running for one of the warmest years on record at several cities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Notably, it is easily the warmest on record at DuBois and Bradford, in the higher elevations of the north. Williamsport, Harrisburg, and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area are all in second place to date - in the latter two cities, the records belong to the recent year of 2020; however, the record at Williamsport dates back more than 100 years (1921). While 1921 is the warmest through November 27, the record warmest year at IPT actually occurred much more recently in 2012 (as a warm December enabled that year to overtake the early 20th century challenger). Regardless, if we continue to run warmer than normal in December, this is shaping up to be an historic year weather-wise in the Commonwealth.  I am looking forward, with much excitement, to sharing the final numbers in early January.

Go do something else like fly a kite....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Got to love it! I post topical climate data for central Pennsylvania, and don't even mention climate change. [mention=20517]PSUWhiteout70[/mention]comes here posting completely off-topic conspiracy theories, and gets several likes. :huh:

One.