• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

In any event, here is where we stand on the year in the capital city. This has been an incredibly noteworthy year weatherwise.

Second warmest to date

image.png.e4331d241ffffe293201aaffd2007f6b.png

Least snowiest calendar year to date

image.png.0643d9f7cb98d47ced700cd86e58a614.png

Just a shame that records aren't taken at Capital City Airport anymore, or we'd really be blowing all other years out of the water. They do this all the time. Move the station to a cooler location to hide the incline. Change the equipment or time of observations to hide the incline. It's just not working anymore.

image.png.405c893c7077018c1d6ea579714afa8b.png

6 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think anyone here knew it was that bad in 2019-2020 & 2022-2023 in Harrisburg. I certainly didn't, as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

It has been mentioned along with "discussions" about what the winter season means as snow in May counts for some people.   Another way to look at it is yearly snow which is still not good for this year but other years show up.

image.png.647e33aa4b2dc0da932b4195158ed4f1.png

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It has been mentioned along with "discussions" about what the winter season means as snow in May counts for some people.   Another way to look at it is yearly snow which is still not good but other years show up.

image.png.647e33aa4b2dc0da932b4195158ed4f1.png

Yes, I posted the annual snowfall to date in the previous post. 2023 is #1 for lowest through 11-27.

12 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think anyone here knew it was that bad in 2019-2020 & 2022-2023 in Harrisburg. I certainly didn't, as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Are you serious?

I haven't had to shovel once in 3 years. You don't think we don't realize it hasn't been snowy the past couple of years? 

This HAS to be a troll comment. It's all we've talked about the past couple of winters. 

I'm legit pissed right now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I miss PennMan. I once told him to kiss my ass and he gave me a three day ban, but a moderator would be solid right now. There's about five users I think we could jettison and add by subtracting.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

With all due respect, how is posting year to date climate statistics for the capital against the rules?

With all due respect, how is posting year to date climate statistics for the capital against the rules?
It's not, nor is having an agenda, but when almost the whole of the sub forum thinks you're trolling on multiple accounts, I think that may warrant a sending off.

Just now, Atomixwx said:

It's not, nor is having an agenda, but when almost the whole of the sub forum thinks you're trolling on multiple accounts, I think that may warrant a sending off.

Does  TheClimateChanger have an agenda....would never know it by his screen name....

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

You involving yourself in this is the height of irony. This is like the pot calling the kettle the n-word.

I simply present data and whether or not climate change is real or imagined is way beyond my pay grade. I only report un-adjusted climate data for my area - full stop!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChescoWx said:

I simply present data and whether or not climate change is real or imagined is way beyond my pay grade. I only report un-adjusted climate data for my area - full stop!

Same here. The bulk of my posts are simply sharing unadjusted climate stats from first order sites that I find interesting. I never even bring up climate change, except in the climate change section.

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Are you serious?

I haven't had to shovel once in 3 years. You don't think we don't realize it hasn't been snowy the past couple of years? 

This HAS to be a troll comment. It's all we've talked about the past couple of winters. 

I'm legit pissed right now. 

4 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Nobody thinks that, except for you. :lol:

Whoops! Looks like you're wrong again. 

This is beyond obvious now. 

1 minute ago, ChescoWx said:

All that said I don't think that anyone including ClimateChanger should be banned or suspended. He presents actual verified data as far as I have ever seen. I appreciate his efforts!!

I would have agreed with you until recently - he's making posts today that are 100% factually wrong about what people in this thread have said and/or are saying. That's trolling. He's looking to get a rise and he's gotten what he wanted. 

I mean, if you two would like you can go pat each other's backs elsewhere?

I might recommend somebody who lives in CHESTER COUNTY to take their shtick to the Philadelphia forum.

And I might recommend a troll to take their shtick to the nearest underpass.

"You've got to pay the troll toll to get into that boy's hole."

I was talking about the sock puppet theory. Wonder if he thinks ChescoWx is another sock puppet of mine? Lol.
No. Some of us just don't give a rats ass about what happens outside of the State College CWA. Some have said they appreciate his posting.

I just feel it's better served over there *points to Philadelphia*

We just want you to go on an git.

• Like 3

And I want you to understand where I am coming from:

1) I think Blizzard of 93 engages in low-level wish casting.

2) I detest 45 day maps.

3) I believe in some level of climate change, even though I do also believe it has been radicalized by some.

4) I believe that we are going through a transition into where this part of the country becomes a rainforest. This will happen long after we are dead.

All of this, and you would think I would be your biggest supporter, TheDreamChangerClimateTraveler, but you're an absolute abomination. Trolldom is a far worse existence than being too optimistic when the signs are there that you need to lower your expectations.

It's time for you to go.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I would have agreed with you until recently - he's making posts today that are 100% factually wrong about what people in this thread have said and/or are saying. That's trolling. He's looking to get a rise and he's gotten what he wanted. 

I just don't know what is so controversial, or factually wrong. Like I said, I was just taking a quick look at snowfall numbers for Pennsylvania cities, as we head into winter. Since I don't live near Harrisburg, I didn't know snowfall has been that low there. While 2019-2020 & 2022-2023 were paltry everywhere in the Commonwealth, most places in the Commonwealth have not had their top two least snowiest winters in that stretch.

10 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

And I want you to understand where I am coming from:

1) I think Blizzard of 93 engages in low-level wish casting.

2) I detest 45 day maps.

3) I believe in some level of climate change, even though I do also believe it has been radicalized by some.

4) I believe that we are going through a transition into where this part of the country becomes a rainforest. This will happen long after we are dead.

All of this, and you would think I would be your biggest supporter, TheDreamChangerClimateTraveler, but you're an absolute abomination. Trolldom is a far worse existence than being too optimistic when the signs are there that you need to lower your expectations.

It's time for you to go.

I'm still waiting on the ice age to come that the scientists were saying was coming in the mid 1970's

54 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

In any event, here is where we stand on the year in the capital city. This has been an incredibly noteworthy year weatherwise.

Second warmest to date

image.png.e4331d241ffffe293201aaffd2007f6b.png

Least snowiest calendar year to date

image.png.0643d9f7cb98d47ced700cd86e58a614.png

Just a shame that records aren't taken at Capital City Airport anymore, or we'd really be blowing all other years out of the water. They do this all the time. Move the station to a cooler location to hide the incline. Change the equipment or time of observations to hide the incline. It's just not working anymore.

image.png.405c893c7077018c1d6ea579714afa8b.png

To the bolded part above, you can't be serious??  Conspiracy theory much?  If anything, many moons back when the NCEI did some clean-up of its data and monitoring sites, a disproportionate number of cooler weather and/or higher elevation sites were removed.  Furthermore, hardly any official climate stations change their location (Harrisburg's history notwithstanding ha) and are far more likely to be impacted by build-up around the sites and increased UHI than they are anything to do with equipment changes and whatnot.  I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt because I don't like seeing anyone banned or any posts disallowed, but c'mon guy.  I'm a free speech absolutist but quit the trolling.

Edit:  Since it is not clear, I am referring to his statement "They do this all the time. Move the station to a cooler location to hide the incline. Change the equipment or time of observations to hide the incline. It's just not working anymore."