• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

28 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Didn't somebody punt on the next three winters due to the volcano eruption from last year?

Reading DT's tweet, the Pacific jet remains king. I feel like until it dies, and there's nothing to say it will, we're no different than Seattle.

It's been a flizzard all morning, which is nice.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

It is always something...if not a -nao +pna its the pacific. :whistle:

54 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some of the MA thread is....like usual.  I saw a LR Euro Weekly Control through early to mid Jan that shows less than 10" of snow for the LSV.  LOL.  And EJ is throwing white flags! 

There is at least one met (yeah, that guy from MU) that said a month ago that we would be waiting a good long time for snow...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paweather said:

What does a good long time mean...April? 

Very little snow until the 2nd half of January, then big amounts from then through February. He was calling for 1-3" total snowfall through like January 15th. 

2016 is a top analog for this winter - we ended up AN that winter. Of course, almost the entire season's snowfall came in 24 hours on 1/22-1/23. 

• Like 2

So another interesting chart for those who "feel" we don't see large snowstorms here in Chester County in the modern days. The below chart in fact shows that our last complete decade the period 2010-2019 featured the most 10" plus snow storms (13 of them) then any decade in our history. Plus the 3 snowstorms in the 2010's that exceeded 20" of snow during the decade is tied with the 1890's for most 20" plus snowstorms. For the decades with the least amount of large snow events we need to go all the way back to the 1940's and 1970's. Those 2 decades both finished with less than 10 storms the entire decade that measured over 6". I suspect we are due for some less snowy decades as that is the simple cyclical nature of weather.

image.thumb.png.5b9bc8b807ebb862cedc2e718bebd4cf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

So another interesting chart for those who "feel" we don't see large snowstorms here in Chester County in the modern days. The below chart in fact shows that our last complete decade the period 2010-2019 featured the most 10" plus snow storms (13 of them) then any decade in our history. Plus the 3 snowstorms in the 2010's that exceeded 20" of snow during the decade is tied with the 1890's for most 20" plus snowstorms. For the decades with the least amount of large snow events we need to go all the way back to the 1940's and 1970's. Those 2 decades both finished with less than 10 storms the entire decade that measured over 6". I suspect we are due for some less snowy decades as that is the simple cyclical nature of weather.

Can I recommend you move your posting to the Philly forum they would enjoy that Chester is not part of this sub forum thanks with love!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

At least in this thread, we've talked ad nausem about how frequent big snowstorms have happened over the past 25 years. What has been missing, at least locally are the 4-8" type snowfalls that seemed much more common in the 1970s and 1980s.

• Like 1

At least in this thread, we've talked ad nausem about how frequent big snowstorms have happened over the past 25 years. What has been missing, at least locally are the 4-8" type snowfalls that seemed much more common in the 1970s and 1980s.
Those used to be the wet fart of the 1960's. At least 6 a Winter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, paweather said:

Can I recommend you move your posting to the Philly forum they would enjoy that Chester is not part of this sub forum thanks with love!

I enjoy his detailed posts & Chester county is literally the next county over from Lancaster.

He offers quality content that is beneficial to this thread.

• Like 2

Tuesday
Scattered flurries before 1pm, then isolated snow showers between 1pm and 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 22. West wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. 
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind around 10 mph. 
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. 

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Tuesday
Scattered flurries before 1pm, then isolated snow showers between 1pm and 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 22. West wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. 
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind around 10 mph. 
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. 

This is the point & click for Harrisburg for tomorrow.

Average high tomorrow at MDT is still 49, so we are looking at 2 days of 10 to 15 below normal.

Hopefully some of us see flurries or snow showers tomorrow as well.

27 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I enjoy his detailed posts & Chester county is literally the next county over from Lancaster.

He offers quality content that is beneficial to this thread.

That’s why I said with love LOL. Although I am tired of climate changer/dream traveler/Chesco they are all fair game for criticism and feedback like we all are! 

• Like 1

This was made available online back in July, but still a good read on solar phases and there effects on enso cycles. Alot of the info is beyond my current understanding at this point but my thinking is the more weather educated fellows will appreciate it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1674283423000831#:~:text=The current ascending phase of,et al.%2C 2023).

12 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

This was made available online back in July, but still a good read on solar phases and there effects on enso cycles. Alot of the info is beyond my current understanding at this point but my thinking is the more weather educated fellows will appreciate it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1674283423000831#:~:text=The current ascending phase of,et al.%2C 2023).

I just noticed the above is a product of China.  

avatars-000009385667-tp5bj8-t500x500 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1