Newest Member
    Toothache
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So now dews in the 60’s is COC? My how things have changed 

Any reprieve from humidity this morning, with dewpoints in the
upper 50s and low 60s, will fall by the wayside this afternoon
as dewpoints rise back into muggy territory by this evening.

50s lol I have to laugh how defensive you are over the DP. I mean if you can't feel the obvious difference from the last week then I give up.

Screenshot_20230711_074617_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Don’t really agree with BOX. 0-30mb avg dews mix out this aftn.

Maybe MAV/MEX?    ... they both indicate modest rises during the day. Don't know - dr their reasoning

My thinking is this isn't a true CAA sourced air mass.  It seems it was manufactured by the circulation folding when the mid/U/A closing happened later yesterday.   I may be wrong, but this appears like it's more a pool than an conveyor

26 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Maybe MAV/MEX?    ... they both indicate modest rises during the day. Don't know - dr their reasoning

My thinking is this isn't a true CAA sourced air mass.  It seems it was manufactured by the circulation folding when the mid/U/A closing happened later yesterday.   I may be wrong, but this appears like it's more a pool than an conveyor

Just a pool of some cooler and drier air. 

On 7/10/2023 at 7:28 AM, dendrite said:

Still haven’t installed here. lol

I haven't even used fans yet.  (granted if I used the window fan it would just suck in the constant rain or the smoke when it is not raining)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I guess maybe along south coast they rise? Seems like most areas stay 58-64ish. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

weird things going on...   Hydrostatic heights are 570+ yet the temperature's acting like it's mid November sloped sun and the temperature side can't rise . 

Sub 570 thicknesses so a little CAA. But yeah slow rise...probably energy spent on evaporation lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sub 570 thicknesses so a little CAA. But yeah slow rise...probably energy spent on evaporation lol.

actually ...I was talking about the 'thickness' - ... but, I was also looking at the NAM's 06z FOUS... It has 567 at 12z but over 570 by 18z ..

Either way

There is no better feeling in the word then opening the door and being blasted by high heat and high humidity. It's like a mixture of mint mouthwash and orange scented face wash just splashing you in the face. 

Sometimes it's actually fun being in a heavily A/C'd building because this feeling is intensified 100x more. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1