• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

6 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Just a little insight to the watering the lawn topic.....  My lawn is not burned out at all, mostly because it is a mix of clover, dandelion, grass, etc.  Also, I have mostly native (in ground perennials) plants that seem to be more adapted to surviving through various conditions.  

Thanks.  In my case on the grass, it is lack of trees that really hurt me.   The smaller area of the yard that has some shade is going ok.    I kill the dandelions, so we do not have any of those.    I do have some assorted weeds that I cannot keep out because the grass struggles so much with the lack of precip.  I will be ok if I can keep most of the grass roots from dying like they did in 2020.  As evidenced by the hours I reported, I am trying....

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 1/2-1" rains (much of Central and Eastern PA) through end of this week is pretty much the only PA rain through Sept 6th on the GFS.  Both the CMC and GFS have a Hurricane passing well to the east of the area around this time next week....bad news for rain several days before and after the pass. 

WPC agrees with the GFS:

p120i.gif?1692653875

• Thanks 1

NWS: Tracking Williamsport Summer Wetness...

Through 8/21/2023

️6.83 inches of rain so far in August currently ranks as the 9th wettest on record

️20.03 inches of rain so far this Summer (since June 1st) ranks as the 4th wettest on record #PAwx

Currently 66 degrees 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

67/54 when I checked the display this morning.  Splendid.

So let me see if I got this right......the week ahead looks something like this:  a couple of heavenly days, then some rain as we transition to one steamy day, and then another beautiful weekend?  If so, sign me up.  Loving this "pattern".

I agree as long as the meat in your sandwich happens. :) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

WGAL said MDT is 6 below average for 90-degree days and 9 behind last year.  Joe is really tooting the cool summer mantra.   He punted 90's for the rest of met summer.  Risky.  

I hope he is right, but that heat dome in the central US seems relentless and may provide a sneaky day or two of 90F weather.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It is really, really nice outside...hard to believe it's August 22nd. Sunny skies and 72 approaching 11am and with the breeze it probably feels cool to some, especially in the shade. 

@paweather - I'm heading to south Philly tonight to see the Phils-Giants game. 

Have a great time, GO Phillies!!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes indeed. I'll be back down 3 weeks from tonight against the Braves. Hope the Phillies catch fire and make another run this fall. I'm waiting for my 40th anniversary Phils-O's World Series. :)  

Have you checked to make sure Angel Hernandez is not scheduled behind the plate for those games?

• Haha 1