• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

It would be so helpful to have that Lancaster radar up and running right now. It's hard to figure out what's going on when the radar beam is just about 7,000 ft at 75 mile distance Not sure if velocity is weakening or if beam is now overshooting. The storm had strongest signatures when beam was below 6,000ft

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

It would be so helpful to have that Lancaster radar up and running right now. It's hard to figure out what's going on when the radar beam is just about 7,000 ft at 75 mile distance Not sure if velocity is weakening or if beam is now overshooting. The storm had strongest signatures when beam was below 6,000ft

It’s going to be very beneficial for northern Dauphin through Berks and down to SE Lancaster counties for sure. 

2 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I wasn't sure. I'm sure Nws will be called to make an assessment. When I seen the roof being lifted up I thought maybe it was tornatic winds.

I bet so. But the roof construction was I’m sure poor and nothing was snapped and wrinkled, more just lifted in a straight motion.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

Not much longer. Also getting the pending Maryland Mesonet will get some additional data as to what's coming your way.

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

I wasn't sure. I'm sure Nws will be called to make an assessment. When I seen the roof being lifted up I thought maybe it was tornatic winds.

Yeah I agree. It didn’t blow off and over. Lifted and had rotation if you ask me. Guess we will find out soon. Hard to tell in the video but almost looked like a darker area extending from the sky to the building. 

• Like 1