• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Summer 2023

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Tell Santander I need him to keep up his recent production.   I do not care that he owns a bank in Central PA.   Banks do not give my team stats. 

He's on my Fantasy team as well!

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

last time i was there it was soooooooooooooooo hot that the beer at Pickles didn't even taste good. 

Nothing is worse than the beer they used to serve at the Vet. 

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

Yeahhhh.. I was last at Camden Yards back in August of 2019 for a series with the Blue Jays. It was a make up ticket from a rain delay on Mother's day. It was 100 at first pitch. I wanted to die.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I had season tickets at the old Memorial Stadium - plenty of ridiculously hot days sitting on metal benches...now THAT was hot. 

37 minutes ago, paweather said:

Headed to Philadelphia Saturday for the Phillies game but we play the Nationals not the O's. Then I get to watch Diesel (Shaq) DJ'ing after.....NOT I'll pass on that. :D

Diesel is in Baltimore on Friday night before heading to Philly on Saturday.

I'm heading down to south Philly in August to see the Giants. Then in September against the Braves. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

He's on my Fantasy team as well!

Nothing is worse than the beer they used to serve at the Vet. 

I had season tickets at the old Memorial Stadium - plenty of ridiculously hot days sitting on metal benches...now THAT was hot. 

Diesel is in Baltimore on Friday night before heading to Philly on Saturday.

I'm heading down to south Philly in August to see the Giants. Then in September against the Braves. 

I wonder if they plan to serve Diesel his latest summons in Balt or Philly? 

28 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I know he didn’t get that much but doesn't Bubbs live right near that single blue square on the Adams/Franklin line? :lol:

I am fairly removed from the Adams County line, about 10 mile west. My back yard is almost on the M/D line.    I was in the .01 area of which that .01 was drops but radar did show deep green here; thus the estimated .01 totals.   My second place is a bit east and closer to the Adams County line albeit in MD.   No grass there....fully wooded place. 

• Thanks 1

Just checked and Williamsport vicinity is definitely willing the booby prize for bad air in PA. At 11:22p we were 259-268-274. Milton is 196, Bloomsberg area is 129-132-141. That was a real surge. Earlier tonight it was just over 150. As I recall, earlier this month we just had 2 Purple Air machines reporting, Milton had none and Bloomsberg had 2. So the bad air is helping Purple Air's business.

I am so glad someone here passed on the link for them and Pivotal for the smoky air prediction map. It was cool enough for me to close all windows a little while ago, thank goodness.

It’s super smoky and forcing me to have to make a decision about whether the camp I run should be inside today.
What kind of camp? That matters in our decision :

Traditional summer camp as depicted by a million movies in the 80s that tried but failed to be better than Meatballs before it or Wet Hot American Summer after it: Send them outside and make those little shitheads breathe it all in. They need it. Anybody who whines has to go searching the lake for submersibles and/or former college football quarterbacks.

Cub Scout/Wiebelow/Girl Scout Day Camp: Stay inside. They're not ready for it. Unless you have a Vigil order member of OA or somebody who grew up on Mercury, in which case, supervised outdoor time is alright.

Jesus Camp: OUTSIDE SO THEY KNOW WHAT AWAITS THEM WHEN THEY DIE AFTER SPENDING ALL DAY LOOKING AT TIDDIES.

Edit: They censored the pet name for breasts. I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA.

• Haha 6

image.thumb.png.255541a3b839d1695c63e0c38f92195c.png

Northeast Drought Summary

Heavy rains fell in parts of the Northeast this week, bringing localized relief to areas of drought and abnormal dryness. Moderate and severe drought coverage lessened over large sections of Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia, where recent heavy rains improved streamflows and alleviated some of the short-term precipitation deficits. Conditions also improved in parts of New York, Maine, Massachusetts, western New Jersey and Virginia due to scattered heavy rains in the last week. Moderate drought increased in coverage in eastern Long Island, where short-term precipitation deficits grew and streamflow rates dwindled.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

image.thumb.png.255541a3b839d1695c63e0c38f92195c.png

Northeast Drought Summary

Heavy rains fell in parts of the Northeast this week, bringing localized relief to areas of drought and abnormal dryness. Moderate and severe drought coverage lessened over large sections of Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia, where recent heavy rains improved streamflows and alleviated some of the short-term precipitation deficits. Conditions also improved in parts of New York, Maine, Massachusetts, western New Jersey and Virginia due to scattered heavy rains in the last week. Moderate drought increased in coverage in eastern Long Island, where short-term precipitation deficits grew and streamflow rates dwindled.

Why am I even doing this...whatever, I'm simply sharing a weather prediction...WPC's 5 day QPF targets a large portion of the D1 area:

WPC also has a Marginal Risk of Excessive Rainfall for the LSV for days 2, 3, 4, and 5. 

p120i.gif?1688042604

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting satellite imagery this morning. Smoke and haze of various thickness covering much of the territory, with a notable clearing over northwestern sections of Pennsylvania - seemingly adjacent to some of the thickest smoke. A large storm complex with high cloud tops casting a west/southwest shadow over southern Indiana and adjoining parts of Illinois, with a smaller area of storms over central Illinois. Smoke and haze banked up against the Smokies in eastern Tennessee, with an area of clearing along the mountains and immediately east of the mountains, although smoke and haze is filtering into North Carolina from the northeast. The smoke is not facing much resistance from the shorter Pennsylvania ridges, but a significant amount of terrain induced cloud cover can be noted paralleling the ridgetops. And what looks to be a massive burn scar is noted in the upper right hand corner along the border between Ontario and Quebec.

image.png.c049f061e7fbc80afa1a21e4e0a5aa05.png

• Thanks 3

I think I'd still prefer smoke over cow shit.

I once had a CB installed so I could talk shit on truckers miles away from the comfort of my bedroom where a gun lived. There was this lot lizard who went by the handle Smoky 69. I think she ran the Flying J for some 40 years from the 70s up until around 2013 when she got struck down for being such a jezebel.