• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Summer 2023

Williamsport is not doing so well with air. It is up to 151 and in the red zone. I could smell the smoke very faintly outside just now. I thought we would need more than 151 for that.

On rain, we are supposed to have some every day from Thursday-next Tuesday, two days with about half an inch for a total of around 2". I hope so but I am skeptical we will see all that given the amount of disappointments we have had.

I also just looked at my screenshots for the days we had such awful air. I can hardly believe we got that bad, but we did. 

chrome_screenshot_1686283154047.png

Morning lows today were not too far from normal (near 60) so with highs today reaching the mid-80's today could be our first above normal temperature day in 8 days. How chilly has this spring been? Well since a pattern change on April 24th a whopping 75% of days or 42 of the last 56 days have averaged below normal! In looking ahead after today we slip back to below normal for the remainder of this week. In fact I can see no sustained above normal temps at least through the first week of July. It is likely we will finish with our 2nd straight below normal month - the first back to back months with below normal temps since last September and October. Rain chances look to increase by later this week with the best chance coming on Saturday.
Records for today: High 96 (1905) / Low 42 (1956) / Rain 1.84" (1996)
image.png.762f5dbf495ba93e77bacc9948251632.png
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

it was spectacular on the other side of the suskie. Blue sky all afternoon. Didn't notice smoke, but then again we had a chicken BBQ

There has definitely been a hazy tint in the sky at times but nothing significant over this way. Certainly nothing like a couple of weeks ago. It was a spectacular weekend! 

• Like 1

Younger me would be headed to Giant Centre tonight for the late-night trophy lift watch party, not sleep, and go into work tomorrow thrashed.

Old me doesn't have the energy to stay up to even watch the game.

I hate the Craps, but the Bears used to be the baby Flyers and that's enough for me.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Younger me would be headed to Giant Centre tonight for the late-night trophy lift watch party, not sleep, and go into work tomorrow thrashed.

I hate the Craps, but the Bears used to be the baby Flyers and that's enough for me.

This is the USA - we have "Centers" here and not "Centres" like in Canada. Wake up. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I should go. it would be the only way i don't fall asleep

40 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I think that's more clouds from the system in South then smoke. Look at GOES-13

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I think it is a mix as it is super smoky down at the surface.  It never really cleared out today from the smoke so clouds may have doubled down on the blanket.  At the surface this is the worst it has been....watery eyes, sore throat smoky.  Smells like someone's house is burning.   it was clear down in West Virginia and Virgina earlier today.