• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

1.80” for the day so far here in sw Lehigh County, still raining but not quite as heavily and no more thunder. Thankfully we should not see the extreme monsoon amounts seen only 10-15 miles west of here! 7”+ is too extreme for me as I have a creek between my neighborhood and the rest of civilization.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Only saving grace for many is having this system be a few hours early (can't maximize surface instability) and a bit more progressive than forecast. Otherwise, double digit rainfall totals might be more widespread.

It's about to arrive at peak here in South Jersey.   Even had a few hours of sun.   Let's see what it can tap into.  

1 minute ago, LVLion77 said:

The action that persists over Berks County is absolutely unprecedented. I am wondering if some locales touch 12”.

I’m monitoring their 911 radios and they’re going absolutely nuts water rescue after water rescue

• Like 2

I can't believe how many GPM I'm pumping from my basement. I don't want to pull the sump out to see if it's marked with a flow rate, but the water table must be at the ground surface right now. I think I might see if I can get another pump tomorrow for backup. Hope they don't all get sold out. Actually, I think I'll go snag one from Amazon for next-day delivery instead.

• Like 2