Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What “major” hurricane hit us in SNE since ‘38?   Major being Category 3 and up? Gloria and Bob weren’t even close to majors when they hit us.  And Carol and Diane and the others in the 50’s I don’t believe were majors when they hit up here either. Sandy wasn’t even classified as tropical, and hit in Jersey.  But enlighten me if any were Cat 3’s when hitting us, because maybe I’m wrong as you claim? 

Some sites have Carol landfalling CT as a 2 or 3 (110 or 115mph)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

What “major” hurricane hit us in SNE since ‘38?   Major being Category 3 and up? Gloria and Bob weren’t even close to majors when they hit us.  And Carol and Diane and the others in the 50’s I don’t believe were majors when they hit up here either. Sandy wasn’t even classified as tropical, and hit in Jersey.  But enlighten me if any were Cat 3’s when hitting us, because maybe I’m wrong as you claim? 

Carol 1635 1815 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I’m sure your family would appreciate that. 

On a trip I took to GA to spend my birthday with family I abruptly told them I needed to go to Florida to chase Hurricane Elsa. :lol: 

I didn’t go to Buffalo for their epic blizzard was because it was the first Christmas after my dad passed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

going to Florida but will gladly cancel to chase that week.. 

I’m heading to Tampa on Friday the 8th for a destination wedding of a good buddy, at the Postcard Inn on St Pete beach.…coming home Monday the 11th. We were glad that Idalia missed Tampa this week due to the wedding.   It’ll be interesting to see what this next one does?