• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10-11 light snow threat for SW New England.

Sey-Mour Snow

On 3/11/2023 at 6:32 AM, Hoth said:

Not a effing flake here either. God I hate this winter.

Surprised, you must live at a low elevation or on the southern side bc right at sleeping giant turning right from Mt Carmel Ave to RT10 i could see the rain change to snow right in front of my eyes. It was one of the wildest weather phenomenon i've ever experienced. Right in front of SG/Quinnipiac it was raining then i took right at the light it was snowing big fatties and all snow. I drove back and forth in and out of it twice. I thought maybe the changeover to snow was just happening but when i drove up the hill Todd/West Todd/Gaylord Mt. Road and drove back down 30 minutes later the same thing was occurring. There was a solid coating of snow on RT10 (on the grass and car tops) then a few hundred feet on Mt Carmel Ave all rain. 

Gaylord Mt. Road right at Broken Arrow at 550FT was gettin sketchy, heavy snow, the roads were completely covered...i was going to drive to prospect but didn't want to risk it in a rear wheel drive car. I posted some pics earlier in this thread from there. They probably got around 2" up there. I saw a report of 1.5" in Hamden from the NWS but dont know where it was exactly. Another report of 3" in Chesire from cocorahs

56 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Surprised, you must live at a low elevation or on the southern side bc right at sleeping giant turning right from Mt Carmel Ave to RT10 i could see the rain change to snow right in front of my eyes. It was one of the wildest weather phenomenon i've ever experienced. Right in front of SG/Quinnipiac it was raining then i took right at the light it was snowing big fatties and all snow. I drove back and forth in and out of it twice. I thought maybe the changeover to snow was just happening but when i drove up the hill Todd/West Todd/Gaylord Mt. Road and drove back down 30 minutes later the same thing was occurring. There was a solid coating of snow on RT10 (on the grass and car tops) then a few hundred feet on Mt Carmel Ave all rain. 

Gaylord Mt. Road right at Broken Arrow at 550FT was gettin sketchy, heavy snow, the roads were completely covered...i was going to drive to prospect but didn't want to risk it in a rear wheel drive car. I posted some pics earlier in this thread from there. They probably got around 2" up there. I saw a report of 1.5" in Hamden from the NWS but dont know where it was exactly. Another report of 3" in Chesire from cocorahs

Yeah I'm about as far south as you can go in town, a little north of East Rock. That sudden transition you describe is super cool. I'm not surprised they were ripping some fatties up by Broken Arrow. That area is the Lunenburg of Hamden.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Snowfall totals from this pathetic event. We obviously went too high with the 3-7 area but nailed down the areas that would see accumulating snow with the CTRV/S CT seeing 0-1. NNH NFF and Litchfield in the 1-3 range. 

03_12.23_jdj_snowfall_totals.thumb.jpg.ebe6cd62f943496052a4a3da110dec17.jpg

I had a light dusting in Tolland at 650ft while Kevin piled up 2” at 1k.  One of the wildest elevation events in a while 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joey2002 said:

I had a light dusting in Tolland at 650ft while Kevin piled up 2” at 1k.  One of the wildest elevation events in a while 

Yeah i can confirm that here. Elevations from 100-550FT in Hamden picked up 1-2" here while 0-100FT were raining and in North Haven we were raining 0-200FT with rain and some snow mixed in >200FT for a while with no accumulation. It was really extreme down here.

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah i can confirm that here. Elevations from 100-550FT in Hamden picked up 1-2" here while 0-100FT were raining and in North Haven we were raining 0-200FT with rain and some snow mixed in >200FT for a while with no accumulation. It was really extreme down here.

I have 26.6 YTD. Saw it in other thread . You may not have seen yesterday snow here.