Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

Better :lol: Of course I know you're just calling balls and strikes...but man, every now and then if ya don't have good news to post...

unless we are 4-5 days from snow....99% of his posts will be negative/heartbreaking. Just got to deal with it. If you cant--take a break

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So if life expectancy is about 70 years, give or take, and 1979 was 44 years ago, how have we gotten 7 or 8 "once in a lifetime" storms? Now 1993....THAT is a once in a lifetime event.

79/83/93/96,2003,2010(twice-for some 3 times) and 2016. Thats 8-9 once in a lifetime storms ive lived through

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Honest question.  Is that just the lag from the Pac Puke or is something else amiss?  The pac jet doesn;t look horrible at that time.

Lag to some degree. But over the last several years it seems the cycle is this…whether by ridge or trough we get a period where the pac flow attacks and within 48 hours obliterates cold from the whole continent. Then it takes weeks to recover once the flow weakens and before enough cold can build another pac onslaught slams the door. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I remember in January 2015 you were all getting mad at me for being too optimistic because we were getting screwed but I kept saying be patient it’s gonna turn around. 

You can’t win, but you do sound truly beaten down my friend. The last few years have not been kind to snow lovers in the east. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic