Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fairfield County Crusher 12/11-12/12

Go Kart Mozart

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Everything has 2-4”. Great snow growth . Even Ginx is into the 2-4

Everything does not have 2-4 for whole state. As every run has shown. River west has best shot for higher totals. Basically the areas that have not done well past several years overall. You’ll probably get 2-3. Maybe a tad more If that moves NE.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wdrag said:

Good Saturday morning everyone, Dec 10. Multiple winter impacts likely between tomorrow and Christmas.

Sunday ending early Monday: am getting the snow blower ready (Wantage) just in case, along and north of i-84. Periods of snow will accumulate on all non-treated pavement especially Sunday night. Some melting occurs during midday Monday. The southern edge of this event is with marginal temps from Easton PA (I78-just south of I-80) into southern Warren County NJ and may be mixed with rain. However, am pretty sure it's all snow along and north of I-80. Plan for a bit of manageable slippery travel Sunday afternoon and night in the I84 corrdior to Old Forge NY. 

Snow amounts listed below are on grass/decks/roofs. Less on pavement everywhere with melting during the day. Snow intensity varies: briefly moderate at times.

ne PA-nw NJ: Snow begins between 7A-1P Sunday (prelim burst of flurries is possible at 5am) Snow ends between 5A and 11A Monday. Expect 2 to 4" in the Poconos and 2-5" Sussex County with isolated 6 or 7" possible near Vernon-Highland Lakes. Overall heaviest northern part of Sussex County. Suspect plowing will be needed in some of this area Sunday night. 

Easton PA up into Great Meadows of Warren County NJ expect a coating to 1.5". 

Hartford-Ashford CT-Monson MA-Old Forge NY you begin Noon-4P Sunday with a solid 2-4" expected before it quits as flurries sunrise Monday. Could see some 5-6" amounts in the high terrain of nw CT and the southern Adirondacks-south of Old Forge. Plowing will be needed in parts of CT and western MA.

Boston: you may see some snow showers later today or tonight and you're on the edge for 1/2 to 2" between 6P Sunday-6A Monday.

One conservative ensemble map this morning shows the best chance for 1"+...you can see the probabilities have increased since yesterday. In the orange area of NYS is the best chance for 6-7" amounts.   NWS amounts are less far Northwest NJ and should be considered as a posdsible but fit.  I may have gone off the deep end in ne Sussex County NJ where the inverted trough interacts with elevation chill to permit some decent snowfall rates early Monday??

Middle of next week (Wednrsday-Friday). A large potentially higher impact winter storm is coming for the interior northeast USA ust northwest of I95 from VA up through to Canada. Model thinking is a bit colder today and so snow-ice looks predominant over the interior. There might even be snow along the coast. Ensembles still favor a closer track to the coast as proposed yesterday. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.04.06 AM.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Everything does not have 2-4 for whole state. As every run has shown. River west has best shot for higher totals. Basically the areas that have not done well past several years overall. You’ll probably get 2-3. Maybe a tad more If that moves NE.

Euro, Nam, Reggie , GGEM, GFS all do . That’s enough 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve noticed when you’re not in line for much snow, you look for ways to take away from others who you don’t want to get snow. Interesting 

I’m doing what a Met would do and discussing. You love to default to that excuse lol. I just told you what I thought you were getting. You’re a trip.

I may get lucky or I may not get much at all. I don’t have an issue with it. you can admit…you embellish a wee bit no?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah. I think it shows you that if this were to be more of a have and have nots vs blanketing a huge area with 2-4”…….that is possible. 

You might get some enhancement there. If you can saturate the 850-700 layer then you might be able to rip for a few hours.