• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

In case it was not mentioned, it looks like MDT set one record during the cold streak last week....Dec 24th min max record of 15.  Some max daily temps may be in jeopardy the first week of Jan. 

I definitely had a feeling that's what happened. That seemed way too cold for a daytime high lol

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

23 for the low here. NYD has gone from near 70 to near 55 on the GFS (over the last few days). 

Thank you for bringing this up! I've been quietly watching the forecast highs for later this week slowly getting lowered each day since Christmas. Doesn't seem to happen very often when high temps underperform - it's usually the other way around. Most in here probably don't care much because it's not going to be the difference between rain and snow, but it's interesting to me nonetheless.

• Like 3

A little quiet on the weather front so FYI, next Wednesday, January 4th, the Earth will be at its closest point to the sun (perihelion).  When the Earth is the closest, it is also moving the fastest.  As a result, winter in the northern hemisphere is roughly 4.5 days shorter than summer.  Just another reason why this snow season better get a move on.  Clock is ticking.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5335287

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Voyager said:

Guess who gets to play in the snow in Flagstaff tomorrow? 

I guess karma's a bioch... 

:angry:

I never did get to play in the snow. ADOT closed I-17 the last 30 miles into Flagstaff. I'm home now, and it's STILL closed up there. I delivered Prescott, then went back to Phoenix. 

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A well above normal high of 52 here today. I had to laugh when the forecast came on my favorite radio station and the DJ excitedly announced that tomorrow might get all the way up to 48!

Uhh...

Speaking of, MDT is sitting at -2.8 right now for Dec.  Will probably go backwards some the next few days but seems likely to fall between -2 and -3 which would be paweathers guess.  CXY got to 52 today.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Speaking of, MDT is sitting at -2.8 right now for Dec.  Will probably go backwards some the next few days but seems likely to fall between -2 and -3 which would be paweathers guess.  CXY got to 52 today.  

Yeah! Thanks. I hope it now maintains into January. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sunny and spectacular outside. 45 degrees. Just returned from a river walk in a tee shirt and shorts.

#springvibing

How much ice was on the river? 

18 degrees this morning. Surprised it hit the teens.

The rest of the month seeing green nothing blue.

Even Buffalo is showing rain.

Just now, pawatch said:

How much ice was on the river? 

18 degrees this morning. Surprised it hit the teens.

The rest of the month seeing green nothing blue.

Even Buffalo is showing rain.

Might see a 70 in south PA next week.  As strange as that may seem, it is not that abnormal.  At MDT, 7 of the 30 January days have record highs in the 70's. 

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Might see a 70 in south PA next week.  As strange as that may seem, it is not that abnormal.  At MDT, 7 of the 30 January days have record highs in the 70's. 

Yep - a lot of warm January days. Ironically, if my memory is correct we've had a fair share of warm days early in the month as well.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep - a lot of warm January days. Ironically, if my memory is correct we've had a fair share of warm days early in the month as well.

I saw a list on the Pitt thread with the longest run of days where it did not get below freezing to start the year.  Interesting....The CMC and GFS have it at 6 or 7 days on the current runs. 

• Like 1

I'd love to know the last 5 winter months KMDT had a -2 + departure

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk