Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022

dmillz25

Just now, Great Snow 1717 said:

Doesn't your previous post apply to apply to this post???

People talking in absolutes two weeks away while the models have a hard time getting a storm right a few days out.

Coastal weenies are getting antsy after hearing since the end of November how this would be the best pattern since 2010 with all the blocking. 

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Coastal weenies are getting antsy after hearing since the end of November how this would be the best pattern since 2010 with all the blocking. 

There remain no signs of a significant pattern change to a colder and stormier pattern that lasts for 3+ weeks...people are fat too invested in what may happen as opposed to what is and/or what has been happening...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

There remain no signs of a significant pattern change to a colder and stormier pattern that lasts for 3+ weeks...people are fat too invested in what may happen as opposed to what is and/or what has been happening...

Actually there is if you look at the ensembles. The epo might save us near Christmas for a time being .

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Couple differences though-the cold in Dec 2010 was central/east-now it's central/west with a persistent -PNA.   SST's are  very warm off the east coast-hard to get hit and hold cold with that early in the season.    Lastly, the models have continually delayed the goods...never a good sign.   This looks more like Dec '96 than Dec '10

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

That's raises a good question, what was the best blocking period since 2010? For me thinking

1.) March April 2018

2.) February 2021

3.) February March 2013

4.) January 2016

February 21. 

March 2018 was amazing but would have been better for Mby a month earlier 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Common theme since November. Background state is just a bit cooler now. 

at this point just settle for the fact that you’re having a rather normal temperature stretch in December and if you get lucky (like inland areas did Sunday) with one of these events, so be it.

If the goods are still 7 to 10 days out…this is your December.

Yeah, the ensembles have been trying to improve the Pacific day 11-15 for weeks now. They show a great +PNA and trough near the Northeast. But as we get closer to day 8-10, the OP runs start showing cutters. Someone commented on how the OP GFS has been showing cutters day 11-15 while the GEFS has been cold. We can remember the KU look the ensembles had for Friday only to become a Great Lakes cutter with a secondary passing right over NYC.

360 hr EPS forecast for December 15th

1E9BE294-446D-4277-90C9-57F0F7B79F90.png.ff624f8482d49428b3b425b9ebcb7ca1.png

60 hr EPS forecast for December 15th

AE3C6822-84C1-41A5-96DD-7AFB98D9B092.thumb.png.1acb3127396eab61e27958feca10b27d.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

15 days out-we are always 10-15 days out with the "great look"   

This happens every single blocking event. Everyone panics cause the models rush the good look. 2010 we had a massive cutter that brought down the Minnesota dome 2 weeks into the blocking patter and as Bluewave alluded to it took the entire month for the blocking to migrate west and clean up the PAC.

Not saying this is 2010 and Forky said "Since" 2010 not including 2010.

Question - has ANY red tagger stated concern that the pattern won't happen? I will definitely show concern if any red tagger stated that the good look may never happen or only last a couple days.

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I was just going to say

I understand people posting these 300 + maps but do they actually verify ?

I also think models should go out 7 days

None of it has verified.   As Bluewave notes it looks great then as we get into the middle range, it's back to cutter city and the cold dumping out west.   Same ol same ol.  The blocking hasn't really helped us and doesn't look great for the next week for snow chances unless you're well N and W.

4 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

officially no BUT I guess there shouldn't be blizzard warnings in place for parts of the upper plains and midwest because it isn't officially winter...

:lol:  Road trip to the Rockies-ridiculous early season snows out there-Breckenridge with 7-8 feet for the season so far.   

• Like 1

Just now, Brian5671 said:

None of it has verified.   As Bluewave notes it looks great then as we get into the middle range, it's back to cutter city and the cold dumping out west.   Same ol same ol.  The blocking hasn't really helped us and doesn't look great for the next week for snow chances unless you're well N and W.

Yeah but Bluewave is not saying it WON'T happen, hes just showing what has been happening. 2010, 2018 all had to wait an entire month with Rainers. 

I mean Forky literally stated after Christmas this whole time.

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I was just going to say

I understand people posting these 300 + maps but do they actually verify ?

I also think models should go out 7 days

The whole crew here has pretty much figured out through trial and error the the effective model range is about 8-10 days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

officially no BUT I guess there shouldn't be blizzard warnings in place for parts of the upper plains and midwest because it isn't officially winter...

Are you really comparing those areas to here ?

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

We don't even know what's going to happen this weekend. Don't worry about next week just yet.