Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Let’s talk weather!

Steve

1 hour ago, vespasian70 said:

Buckeye's on his cruise ... most of the rest have jumped ship to wxsphere. Nice to see it's pouring over there ... starting to add up here too!

I'm still here. Heavy snow here currently. In the line of the heaviest stuff for at least 2 or 3hrs. See where we end up.

2 hours ago, jaf316 said:

I'm only a couple miles from the airport, and I didn't do a real measurement, but eyeballing it, it looks like 2.5 or 3 inches to me. 

Things look to be quickly winding down. A nice little event.

On to wednesday! 

Yea, picked up @ 3" or 4" here as well. As soon as ILN issued the WSW it fell off the table. 

31 minutes ago, CoachLB said:

incoming paste job turning to rain...:cliff:

Nooo!  12z models hopefully track this next system tmar night over SE Ohio, if it goes anywhere near SW Ohio the entire I-71 coridor & those SE of that will be screwed.

I missed yesterday's snow driving back in it coming home from the Hocking Hills Anuall Winter Hike with no snow there on Saturday and no ice formations AGAIN! Took me 3hrs to make a normal 1hr35mins trip.

Not sure how much snow fell IMBY as by the time I made it home here on the SE side of Dayton it looked like there were many hours of temps at 33 and it was melting from the bottom up as well. I did measure just under 5" on the ground and just over 5" on elavated surfaces.  iluvsnow lives one mile west of me and he measured 7" so looking at ILN's obs 5 to 7" near me would be a good educated guess.  Fingers crossed for the next system!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Well boys and girls if this is going to hold on for the I-71 corridor we're going to need low dew points to start and the column cooling like the Sunday storm? :yikes:  very rare for repeat storms like this in our neck of the woods!

Book it! Don’t be scared!! LOL If we score again, Buckeye is not allowed back in here when he gets back!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Nothing like heavy rain on a winter morning, snowed IMBY from 2am to 7am on the SE side of Dayton, had a little over 3" around 5am and was washded down to a little over an inch by 9am.  :raining::axe:

Overperformer Sunday followed by an underperformer a few days later. Take what we can get I guess. 

• Like 3