• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Let’s talk weather!

Steve

ugh, from 84 degrees, blue skies, soft breeze, and sipping away my days with mojitos and rum and cokes....to this craptastic 35 degrees, gray, and slushy slop piles.    Well at least I have a nice tan lol.

Next week kinda looks interesting depending on where that boundary settles in...  icestorm anyone?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, buckeye said:

ugh, from 84 degrees, blue skies, soft breeze, and sipping away my days with mojitos and rum and cokes....to this craptastic 35 degrees, gray, and slushy slop piles.    Well at least I have a nice tan lol.

Next week kinda looks interesting depending on where that boundary settles in...  icestorm anyone?

Oh, you missed ALL the action!! LOL

Hope you had a nice trip!!

On 2/6/2023 at 11:35 AM, jbcmh81 said:

Needs about 17" more to hit average. Not seeing it barring a 1987-style finish.

Never underestimate the ability for CMH to pile up enough March and April car-toppers and single-day-slush-melts to bring us up to average leaving us scratching our heads wondering how the hell we got there.

BTW, looks like it's gonna be a bit breezy tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Official. Stick a fork in er, it's done. May be the worst winter I can ever remember. Who's ready for the torch? I know I am. Let's get to the 60s and 70s and stay there.

Sucky winter but definitely not our worst ever.  In fact I often judge a winter by whether there were any memorable events.  I will always remember that insane front centered on Xmas eve.  -8 at 1pm in the afternoon on Xmas eve.  I have not seen that kind of cold during the day since the infamous Jan 94.   Almost 30 years.  

We’ve had many winters where we hit avg or even above snowfall without a single event to remember them by.  Also we had a white Xmas, we ended up scoring the most synoptic with that event in the forum outside les.  We also got a nice over performer (while I was on vacation).   We’ve had bigger ratters then this…by far.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Sucky winter but definitely not our worst ever.  In fact I often judge a winter by whether there were any memorable events.  I will always remember that insane front centered on Xmas eve.  -8 at 1pm in the afternoon on Xmas eve.  I have not seen that kind of cold during the day since the infamous Jan 94.   Almost 30 years.  

We’ve had many winters where we hit avg or even above snowfall without a single event to remember them by.  Also we had a white Xmas, we ended up scoring the most synoptic with that event in the forum outside les.  We also got a nice over performer (while I was on vacation).   We’ve had bigger ratters then this…by far.

Idk, this winter is hot garbage. At least for me, this rivals 2011-2012 in just overall awfulness. Many here in central Illinois are under 10” for the season, with nothing in the foreseeable future. 

the 1” ground blizzard and insane cold on the doorstep of Christmas was fun, but other than that, nothing burger since.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Yesterday's 18z GFS had 38" for the Findlay area, and lowered my SE side of Dayton to a couple inches for this coming Friday, this morning's 06z run shifted everything to a line from central Illinoise to Toledo with 2ft+ with nothing IMBY. 

It's been doing that run to run. Shifting south, then north. The issue I see is no other model has the phasing that happens except the GFS. It's been consistently showing it, I'll give it that.

3 hours ago, dilly84 said:

It's been doing that run to run. Shifting south, then north. The issue I see is no other model has the phasing that happens except the GFS. It's been consistently showing it, I'll give it that.

Yes and 12z the GFS has moved it 200 miles further north with nothing but heavy rain again for Ohio.

This one is a tough one.  Lots of moving parts including the storm coming thru the lakes tomorrow and the lead wave later in the week.   There’s also the placement and timing of the pieces to the north that will determine how much the ser can be kept in check or allowed to pump.   
The bad news for us folks in the southern flanks of the forum is the gfs wants to bring this too far north for us, the good news is most of the other globals are at a perfect track.   
The winner stripe is going to have a huge prize but it’ll be narrow.  Either way I’d rather roll the dice with a powerful storm and risk the wtod vs. left hoping for a strung out weaker storm and smaller prize….especially this time of year.  Go big or go home 

• Like 2