• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Historic Lake Effect Event?! 11/17-11/21

21 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm very confident in my totals, I put a lot of effort into this storm. Going to take the drone out for some aerials and clear my driveway before that band drifts south. I worked more the last 3 days than at my full time job lol

I agree. Orchard Park reported 77.0”. Your figures are not an outlier. They are well in line with what’s been reported. You should report them to the NWS if you haven’t already done so.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Mood said:

No, Buffaloweather should stop reporting totals. A guy 250 miles from the LES band in Northwest Jersey says his numbers are inflated. Nothin to see here!

Not exactly what I’m saying but you do you. All I’m saying is his way he’s doing it inflated them a bit. Figured a self proclaimed know it all would be able to understand that. 

1 minute ago, Blue Mood said:

Everyone here is sort of calling you a fool in a nicer way, including some professional mets. Go back to the Mid Atlantic boohoo board if you want to whine about snow.

Lol that’s whining ?  I’m glad he got hammered and his pics and vid’s were great. I don’t think I’d want that much. Getting a 2 foot storm is enough for me.  

50 minutes ago, southbuffalowx said:

It doesn't make sense to measure the final compacted total and call that the snow total. That wouldn't be representative of the effort put into clearing and maintaining roads, parking lots, driveways etc, if 7 feet fell but compacted into to 4 feet.

Thus you need some measurement standard to better represent what actually fell, and that is measuring every 6 hours.

Oh I agree with you and wasn't questioning or criticizing your total. Just observing the impressiveness of what's in your backyard, compressed or not.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He’s not in a hurricane. If he cleared 5’ around it as he claimed that won’t be an issue. You think he’s just Measuring a drift? :lol:  I know where you are coming from, but if he claimed he cleared around it as he said, I don’t see an issue. Even Reed had a depth of 50” last night at 6:30 and it wasn’t done snowing. If you measure every 6 hrs, those numbers make sense to me. 

Lol Never once said he measured in a drift and I know you understand my argument. He got hammered and his vids and pics are incredible 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Very poor planning. This was predicted well in advance and moving the game was done well before the storm started. The band is just north of airport but coming back south later today. 

Damn they are running out of time. Also thanks for all the vids and pics . It’s incredible 

• Like 1