• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

18Z models general LSV Temp forecast for tomorrow (upping 1-3 based on recent trends):

Turkey Bowl 10-11:30AM Football games: 45-50

1-3PM Lunches: 55-60.

4-7PM Dinner:  52-44

THV has gone from 61-31 in the last 4 hours.  30-degree temp drop with no front passage to blame.  Just dry air. 

I think some of you guys on here really need to get a quote from a home insulation expert to try to improve your home heating & cooling systems.
Lol, My A/C is not needed unless the temp gets over 70!
You must enjoy wasting money by running your A/C when temperatures were in the 20s this morning!

It’s currently 40 at my house. Running the AC would be interesting….
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I think some of you guys on here really need to get a quote from a home insulation expert to try to improve your home heating & cooling systems.

You must enjoy wasting money by running your A/C when temperatures were in the 20s this morning!

Depends on what you keep the house at, but it is 69 in my place right now after a high of 61 here today.  Nothing to do with insulation, just body heat, cooking heat, etc....  My AC has not been on for a couple weeks but if it gets up near 70 outside it will be on as my house will be "in the 70's" with no AC. 

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

My house faces south and is loaded with about the best windows money can buy. With lots of open sunlight it doesn't take long to warm up - once it got to 71 by noon, the air went on. Further, my temp was not in the 20s this morning. 

At any rate, my home is well insulated and I've upgraded just about every aspect related to heating and cooling possible. As far as wasting money...I ran my heat about 35 days total over the past year. When whatever method you're using to stay warm this winter my system will be dormant while my home is heated naturally. I'll probably spend less money on HVAC than you will.

2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

You guys and your AC’s haha. Meanwhile  my north facing snow patch is hanging in there. It did get to 54 here today (with low humidity). 

4FEC8957-EBDE-43E3-9793-74890BF5F0F4.thumb.jpeg.72039b4428bd3d1df88e4a1995c135cc.jpeg

my pal came home from northern Lyco yesterday and said we could have logged miles in on the pipelines up there....yes...on Tuesday.  4ish inches still otg (Pine hill summit for the doubters).  Many cams still were showing some yesterday as well.  

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My house faces south and is loaded with about the best windows money can buy. With lots of open sunlight it doesn't take long to warm up - once it got to 71 by noon, the air went on. Further, my temp was not in the 20s this morning. 

At any rate, my home is well insulated and I've upgraded just about every aspect related to heating and cooling possible. As far as wasting money...I ran my heat about 35 days total over the past year. When whatever method you're using to stay warm this winter my system will be dormant while my home is heated naturally. I'll probably spend less money on HVAC than you will.

Lol, but you are running your A/C when literally no one else is in our region!

I think that your A/C running as much as you claim would offset the heating costs of the rest of us.

On a different note, I plan on doing my snow mow soon!

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, but you are running your A/C when literally no one else is in our region!

I think that your A/C running as much as you claim would offset the heating costs of the rest of us.

On a different note, I plan on doing my snow mow soon!

In theory, would"t running ones A/C with bad insulation make the local area even cooler when all that non insulated air flows outside?  Damn you butterfly effect! Does our snow rely on people who keep their house at 65? Crank it does felllas!

• Haha 2