• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2022 OBS Thread

Maxwell03

That batch from the south finally hit here between midnight and 3 am, with the heaviest happening between 2 am - 3 am. Ended up with 0.58" from it for a 2-day total of 0.61" so far.  Will have to see if we continue to get any more today.

With another steamy-window morning, it's currently 72 and overcast, with low stratus and dp 71.

Some rain is still falling across much of the county this AM. So far in East Nantmeal we have picked up 0.62". However some spots to my southwest appear to have picked up over 1" of rain already.

The record high for today is 99 degrees set back in 1916. Our record low is 44 degrees from 1952. Daily rain record is the 2.47" that fell today back in 1937.

image.png.04155333afbf0bd7dc799faa3431e32e.png

Getting fringed by the band that is just west of me but am at least getting "heavier" returns from it at just under 1/2" per hour.  Currently at 0.69" at post time (2-day total is 0.71").  Need that for the upcoming 90s progged this week. Temp/dp at 73.

Edit now getting 1"/hr shower and have 0..76 (0.79" 2-day).

22 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Precip starting to form from the W which is a good sign this early...

72F/DP 71F

st.jpg

yep you are spot on- not forming in the Alleghenies/Valley  but over the Blue Mts/Appalachians is always a good sign this early in the afternoon . Timing of the Ddurnal  heating process is finally on our side of the state this time to form the heavy t- storms late this afternoon. We need a good band of training t -storms. I got less than .25 in of rain- no puddles in the streets late this morning. As I am writing this post  it is pouring out side even for a minute. ----yippee a good sign