• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

Hell of a lot of lightening and thunder in that whole system.

Ended up with 0.96” total from the 2 storms

2 storms come through. The second one, the worse was just to our south.

Happy with almost an inch of rain, we needed it.

looking at some of the totals some of you got pounded.

Today the high is supposed to be 86 degrees.

Tomorrow the high 68 degrees.

55 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A high of 80 here yesterday and a low of just 67 last night, with a grand total of .04” of rain. It’s amazing how that complex of storms just dried up when it got down this way last night. Not totally unexpected but still impressive to see. 

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Last Night-A Summer 2021 Redux

image.png.2cdbb000497688d586be9be5de4a8694.png

Is that map specific to last night, or for the entire day yesterday? I'm guessing it's just last night, as most of central and eastern Lanco got pounded yesterday morning. 

I finished with .16" of rain for the day - I have to think that MJS had to be in the virtual rain anus with his paltry total. Really sucks.  For those of us that didn't get much of anything yesterday...now we face at least several more days of dry weather. It is what it is. 

One final thing - it is perfectly clear and almost hot already this morning. Dews are still through the roof. And, with next to no moisture, I think conditions are ripe to bake today. Fully expect me and the snowman to soar into the 90s. Take it to the bank.

Along with my prediction that the Celtics would win. LOL (they needed more, much more from Tatum. What a disappointment he was so often during the finals.) 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Is that map specific to last night, or for the entire day yesterday? I'm guessing it's just last night, as most of central and eastern Lanco got pounded yesterday morning. 

I finished with .16" of rain for the day - I have to think that MJS had to be in the virtual rain anus with his paltry total. Really sucks.  For those of us that didn't get much of anything yesterday...now we face at least several more days of dry weather. It is what it is. 

One final thing - it is perfectly clear and almost hot already this morning. Dews are still through the roof. And, with next to no moisture, I think conditions are ripe to bake today. Fully expect me and the snowman to soar into the 90s. Take it to the bank.

Along with my prediction that the Celtics would win. LOL (they needed more, much more from Tatum. What a disappointment he was so often during the finals.) 

That is the last 12 hours so mainly last night.  Below is 24 hours focused on Lancaster. Yea, Tatum was Turrible.  And Brown had to hit 3's as his Turnovers put his team in the hole over and over.  LR, it is dry looking well into the next two weeks.  Not encouraging IMO.

image.thumb.png.cb6df28d5668587e489a4ecb13ff263a.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is the last 12 hours so mainly last night.  Below is 24 hours focused on Lancaster. Yea, Tatum was Turrible.  And Brown had to hit 3's as his Turnovers put his team in the hole over and over.  LR, it is dry looking well into the next two weeks.  Not encouraging IMO.

image.thumb.png.cb6df28d5668587e489a4ecb13ff263a.png

Those yellows stopped literally on the outskirts of Maytown...

@Itstrainingtime Itstortstime

Saw mention of below on the MA board.  Pillow time? 

Saturday night is likely the chilliest night in some time for
areas west of US-15, with lows in the 40s to near 50. Would not
be surprised with patchy frost in the valleys of Garrett County,
Maryland Saturday night. Even east of the Blue Ridge low
temperatures will only be in the low to mid 50s.

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A high of 80 here yesterday and a low of just 67 last night, with a grand total of .04” of rain. It’s amazing how that complex of storms just dried up when it got down this way last night. Not totally unexpected but still impressive to see. 

My son and I were on the HD's headed for a bite to eat, and after looking at the radar (and finding out the owner of the pub is a fellow weather nerd (she was showing me here radarscope app), we thought Lanco was about to get rocked....instead, just a light show and no mucho in the rain bucket for last night.  

Hope y'all are enjoying your summer.

Nut

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Itstrainingtime Itstortstime

Saw mention of below on the MA board.  Pillow time? 

Saturday night is likely the chilliest night in some time for
areas west of US-15, with lows in the 40s to near 50. Would not
be surprised with patchy frost in the valleys of Garrett County,
Maryland Saturday night. Even east of the Blue Ridge low
temperatures will only be in the low to mid 50s.

That was followed by a post from someone that's tired of lows in the 50s during the summer...

17 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good morning everyone!

My family & I are on the way to the Outer Banks today for vacation this week.

We are staying in Kill Devil Hills, NC. 
Does anyone have recommendations for places to visit or restaurants to go to down there? 
I haven’t been down there since I was a kid.

Thanks in advance!

enjoy the trip. safe travels. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good morning everyone!

Does anyone have recommendations for places to visit or restaurants to go to down there? 

Thanks in advance!

Have a great trip! Only thing I know about Kill Devil Hills is the guy who used to drive the Gravedigger monster truck was from there. How I remember that from 30 or whatever years ago, I have no idea! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, canderson said:

Have a great trip! Only thing I know about Kill Devil Hills is the guy who used to drive the Gravedigger monster truck was from there. How I remember that from 30 or whatever years ago, I have no idea! 

you're well rounded. From Broadway shows to monster truck rallies 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good morning everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Good morning everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Sorry man, have to ask.  Who is mowing your grass while away?  LOL.  In seriousness have a great time. 

• Haha 1