• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Christmas Storm VI

Cold Rain

Guess its bed time now, but can't sleep. Ugg what a week this has been. Just checked out the latest RUC and if you want to see the very definition of what historic is, check it out. The northern stream goes from north of Hudsons Bay to the Gulf of Mexico. Don't think we've ever seen that in the Winter time here, so this is going to be one interesting storm system for the Southeast. If I wasn't so tired, I'd update the maps, but its too late. Paint a foot from northern and eastern GA , the western Carolinas and then probably a good chunk of the eastern or piedmont of the Carolinas. If the RUC is right, we're in for a storm most of us will remember the rest of our lives.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Hope everything is going well w/ your family - noticed the thread. And yes, the RUC goes crazy for tomorrow. Someone is going to have a great Christmas story to tell.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess its bed time now, but can't sleep. Ugg what a week this has been. Just checked out the latest RUC and if you want to see the very definition of what historic is, check it out. The northern stream goes from north of Hudsons Bay to the Gulf of Mexico. Don't think we've ever seen that in the Winter time here, so this is going to be one interesting storm system for the Southeast. If I wasn't so tired, I'd update the maps, but its too late. Paint a foot from northern and eastern GA , the western Carolinas and then probably a good chunk of the eastern or piedmont of the Carolinas. If the RUC is right, we're in for a storm most of us will remember the rest of our lives.

Wow...just wow...I can't believe this might possibly work out for us. This is one for the record books, regardless if it gives us historic totals, it was just one hell of a ride. Glad I could be on the forum for this! I can't go to sleep...way too excited. It's been like this every night for me this week, staying up til 3:30am and getting up at 8 or 9am...so exhausted.

What an amazing post to wrap up the night. The RUC is painting a beautiful picture for much of the SE this weekend from MS to GA to TN to SC to NC. I'm glad things ended up working in most of our favors. I guess, once you think about it, this thing can't(and hopefully not) screw us over on this joyful day. Tomorrow will be a huge day and I'm very, very excited to track this with everyone here over the course of the weekend. Merry Christmas to all!

What an amazing post to wrap up the night. The RUC is painting a beautiful picture for much of the SE this weekend from MS to GA to TN to SC to NC. I'm glad things ended up working in most of our favors. I guess, once you think about it, this thing can't(and hopefully not) screw us over on this joyful day. Tomorrow will be a huge day and I'm very, very excited to track this with everyone here over the course of the weekend. Merry Christmas to all!

06z is trending towards the RUC... huge expansion of the precipitation shield.

When is the precip shield progged to expand?

Well the main point I was trying to make is how much further north the precipitation shield is. The figure of moisture that will be out ahead of the frontal zone keeps shifting northward. Its now over E TN and WNC for a good 3-6 hours, before it shifts southward and affects the rest of the Carolinas and GA. Unfortunately this may allow many folks in the southeast to warm up out ahead of this band of precipitation, so that by the time the precipitation starts, it might be in the form of rain/snow mix before it goes over to all snow.

Just looked at the Euro, I'm not surprised. We already knew this was coming back. So looks like it is true how it sniffs out the big ones, loses them, then brings it back. The strange thing about this storm is how far south the snow will probably get and how widespread it will be. Its a nice one. You may have to go back even past 1987, or even 88, maybe something like 1982 to get this cold and moisture combo down so far south. Hopefully the dreaded dryslot won't be an issue for too many. The best thing now is really the short range and nowcasting. I'm 34 (wsas 32) so clouds are coming in. Only thing now to do is wait for the fun to begin.

One other thing, most likely the Euro is too weak with its pressure. If the RUC is right on the northern scream, a real deepening is going to occur. The models are having some convective feedback issues on that. Thanks again on prayers and thoughts for mom.

Robert,

I was busy earlier playing Santa Claus and I came back to see your Mother had some hea\lth issues. Please know I am right down the road and/or a phone callemail away. Many prayers for your Mother, you and Family...

Thanks for all your earnest, blood and tears work on this system. Hoping Mother Nature does not find a way to screw you, me and Burger in the "Snowless Triangle from Hell".

Robert,

I was busy earlier playing Santa Claus and I came back to see your Mother had some hea\lth issues. Please know I am right down the road and/or a phone callemail away. Many prayers for your Mother, you and Family...

Thanks for all your earnest, blood and tears work on this system. Hoping Mother Nature does not find a way to screw you, me and Burger in the "Snowless Triangle from Hell".

thanks Jason, and yes Phil, it sure looks like western NC is going to be in a moisture flux zone for the duration of the storm . Probably 24+ hours of snowfall. An amazing looking system. It mirrors the RUC now, except its probably too light on QPF. Some areas will get a foot I think.

Deformation snow band western Carolinas Sunday morning 12Z on the NAM. Every Gulf low that has come off the GA coast usually has this look, and with the 5h cutting off in TEnn this time, who knows how it will look. I'm sure a dry slot will evolve somewhere though. But still a great snowstorm.

post-38-0-38741600-1293265150.gif

Decent band of snow moving through right now, turning the picnic tables white.

when does gsp update there grid forecast?

I expect that all the NWS offices are doing lots of coordination this morning . . . which is why the discussion and updated grids are on the later side. NWS is quoted in the Asheville Citizens Times this morning (available online now) saying that totals will be less than expected, around 1.5 inches in Asheville. They are facing a huge change in the forecast so this isn't a fun time. Second time this December they've been quoted in the citizens times and then having to do an about face by the time the paper's arrived. First general snow here, the paper landed on the driveway saying all rain - and the driveway was covered with 3 inches of snow. Feel for them as the models have been all over the place. The last storm, only the GFS - and Robert aka Foothills! - got it right.

They are doing it right now... latest discussion doesn't contain a near term discussion, because GSP is issuing Winter Storm Warnings across the board, except for the far southern SC counties.

yeah saw that amazing turn of events in the last 24 hrs. this could be quite a storm for the foothills it looks like!

Guys, if anyone is still awake. Brand new to this site, I follow the weather closely but much of this talk about the various models and such is like a foreign language to me. It seems most TV stations around here are hesitant to give any real projections. What do you guys think, after looking at the recent models would be projected for Central North Carolina(Henderson, right along HWY 1)? I keep reading the latest models are shifting the Low west toward the coast, so I guess thats a good thing.

They're hesitant for very good reason, but by tomorrow AM they should up their totals and have a good grasp of things.

This is what the National Weather Service in Raleigh just released:

POTENTIAL FOR BAND OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW TO SET-UP OVER THE SOME PART OF CENTRAL NC ALONG AND EAST OF HIGHWAY 1. WHERE THIS AXIS SETS UP WILL DEFINE REGION WHERE LOCALLY EXCESSIVE SNOW AMOUNTS(IN EXCESS OF 6 INCHES) MAY OCCUR. THIS PROBABILITY SEEMS HIGHEST ALONG AND EAST OF I-95 AT THIS TIME. USED H P C LIQUID EQUIVALENT AMOUNTS AND A SNOW RATIO OF 12:1 TO ACHIEVE SNOW AMOUNTS LATER TONIGHT WITH A RATIO OF 10:1 IN THE SE PRIOR TO MIDNIGHT.Here are some call maps from some of the users on the forum (some of which are meteorologists)

3-5" http://www.sandhills...om/nc-call6.jpg

5-10" http://i53.tinypic.com/fw283a.png

7-10" http://i.imgur.com/8ujV4.jpg

8-12" http://i.imgur.com/j0vOe.jpg

6-10" or 8-16" http://bit.ly/fvLgTA

That should answer your question. It looks to be a significant snow event. Enjoy.

KCHS to release winter storm watches across the area

DORCHESTER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ST. GEORGE...SUMMERVILLE

332 AM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY

EVENING...

.TODAY...PARTLY CLOUDY THIS MORNING...THEN MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A

SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN THIS AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. SOUTH

WINDS AROUND 5 MPH...BECOMING SOUTHWEST AROUND 5 MPH THIS AFTERNOON.

CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...RAIN. A CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID

30S. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE

OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...SNOW AND RAIN LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN SNOW SHOWERS

LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. MUCH COOLER WITH HIGHS AROUND 40. STORM

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH POSSIBLE. NORTHWEST WINDS

10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

70 PERCENT.

RAH issues WINTER STORM WARNING.... http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NCZ041&warncounty=NCC183&firewxzone=NCZ041&local_place1=3+Miles+N+Raleigh+NC&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

Edit: sorry, don't know why it's all bunched together....oh well, bed time for me!

PERSON-GRANVILLE-VANCE-WARREN-HALIFAX-ORANGE-DURHAM-FRANKLIN-NASH- EDGECOMBE-CHATHAM-WAKE-JOHNSTON-WILSON-MOORE-LEE-HARNETT-WAYNE- RICHMOND-SCOTLAND-HOKE-CUMBERLAND-SAMPSON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROXBORO...OXFORD...HENDERSON... WARRENTON...ROANOKE RAPIDS...CHAPEL HILL...DURHAM...LOUISBURG... NASHVILLE...ROCKY MOUNT...PITTSBORO...RALEIGH...SMITHFIELD... WILSON...SOUTHERN PINES...SANFORD...LILLINGTON...GOLDSBORO... ROCKINGHAM...LAURINBURG...RAEFORD...FAYETTEVILLE...CLINTON 358 AM EST SAT DEC 25 2010 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT EST SUNDAY NIGHT... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT EST SUNDAY NIGHT. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * LOCATIONS AFFECTED: THE EASTERN PIEDMONT...INCLUDING THE TRIANGLE REGION...THE SANDHILLS AND THE COASTAL PLAIN OF NORTH CAROLINA. * PRECIPITATION TYPES: THE PRECIPITATION IS LIKELY TO BEGIN AS A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING WITH MAINLY RAIN SOUTHEAST OF WILSON...SMITHFIELD AND FAYETTEVILLE. THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO ALL SNOW FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST DURING THE EVENING WITH ALL SNOW FALLING AFTER MIDNIGHT AND CONTINUING THROUGH SUNDAY AND SUNDAY EVENING. * ACCUMULATION: BETWEEN 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE BY MIDNIGHT MONDAY. ACCUMULATIONS WILL TEND TO BE ON THE LOWER END OF THIS RANGE IN THE TRIANGLE REGION AND THE SANDHILLS WITH ACCUMULATION TOTALS ON THE HIGHER END OF THE RANGE IN THE COASTAL PLAIN. ISOLATED AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF 8 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE NEAR AND EAST OF INTERSTATE 95. * TIMING: THE PRECIPITATION IS LIKELY TO BEGIN AS A LIGHT MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW OR JUST RAIN LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE TO ALL SNOW DURING THE EVENING. THERE MAY BE A LULL IN THE PRECIPITATION AFTER MIDNIGHT WITH A SURGE OF MORE SIGNIFICANT AND HEAVIER SNOW SPREADING NORTH ON SUNDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL DIMINISH FROM WEST TO EAST LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. * IMPACTS: SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BRING HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS THROUGHOUT THE AREA. ROADS ARE EXPECTED TO BE SNOW COVERED WITH SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT SUNDAY. THE MOST DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED NEAR AND EAST OF INTERSTATE 95 DURING THE DAY SUNDAY. * TEMPERATURES: TEMPERATURES WILL REACH THE LOWER TO MID 40S THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN FALL WITH THE ONSET OF PRECIPITATION BUT REMAIN ABOVE FREEZING THROUGH SUNSET. TEMPERATURES SHOULD FALL TO NEAR FREEZING BY EARLY EVENING IN THE TRIANGLE AND THE NORTHERN COASTAL PLAIN WITH TEMPERATURES APPROACHING FREEZING LATE THIS EVENING IN THE SANDHILLS AND THE SOUTHERN COASTAL PLAIN. TEMPERATURES WILL EVENTUALLY FALL INTO THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S BY DAYBREAK SUNDAY. HIGHS ON SUNDAY WILL STRUGGLE TO GET MUCH ABOVE FREEZING. LOWS SUNDAY NIGHT WILL BE IN THE LOWER 20S.

KCHS to release winter storm watches across the area

DORCHESTER-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ST. GEORGE...SUMMERVILLE

332 AM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY

EVENING...

.TODAY...PARTLY CLOUDY THIS MORNING...THEN MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A

SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN THIS AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID 50S. SOUTH

WINDS AROUND 5 MPH...BECOMING SOUTHWEST AROUND 5 MPH THIS AFTERNOON.

CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

.TONIGHT...RAIN. A CHANCE OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID

30S. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE

OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...SNOW AND RAIN LIKELY IN THE MORNING...THEN SNOW SHOWERS

LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. MUCH COOLER WITH HIGHS AROUND 40. STORM

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH POSSIBLE. NORTHWEST WINDS

10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

70 PERCENT.

I hope you get dumped on Storm! You deserve it man. Would be great to have another Feb.12th event again or better!

Very typical for Peachtree not to isssue any WWA or WSW until after the snow has started like they did in last year's Feb 12th storm. They don't give people time to prepare at all. No one on my facebook is aware this storm is coming and only after I announced it on my status, did people become such aware there's a possibility for a decent event in Atlanta.

CAE has finally come on board.....

[/url]

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

417 AM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

.SYNOPSIS...

-- Changed Discussion --LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP IN THE GULF OF MEXICO THIS AFTERNOON

THEN DEEPEN AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTH CAROLINA COAST

TONIGHT. THIS SYSTEM WILL SPREAD WINTRY PRECIPITATION INTO THE

AREA LATE TONIGHT AND SUNDAY.-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

-- Changed Discussion --MID AND HIGH LEVEL CLOUDINESS WILL BE INCREASING ACROSS THE AREA

TODAY AHEAD OF APPROACHING STRONG SHORT WAVE ALONG THE GULF COAST. STRONG

SOUTHERN STREAM SHORT WAVE ON WATER VAPOR IMAGES MOVING EAST ALONG

THE GULF COAST STATES WILL TRIGGER WEAK SURFACE CYCLOGENESIS IN

THE NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO THIS MORNING. WARM ADVECTION WILL BE

DEVELOPING ACROSS THE AREA AND TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO

APPROACH 50 IN THE CAE AREA ESPECIALLY WITH MOISTURE ADVECTION

NOT DEVELOPING UNTIL LATE TODAY. LIGHT RAIN WILL LIKELY HOLD OFF

UNTIL LATE IN THE DAY. THEREFORE...CUT POPS BACK SLIGHTLY FROM

PREVIOUS FORECAST AND RAISED TEMPS SLIGHTLY.-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

.SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT/...

-- Changed Discussion --THE POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM APPEARS TO BE

INCREASING.

AS SHORT WAVE ALONG THE GULF COAST MOVES EAST THIS MORNING AND

AFTERNOON...TRIGGERING LOW PRESSURE IN THE GULF...NORTHERN STREAM

UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS DIVING SOUTHEAST FROM THE UPPER

MIDWEST/GREAT LAKES REGIONS TOWARD THE CAROLINAS. IT NOW APPEARS

THAT THE PHASING OF THE NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN STREAMS WILL OCCUR

OVER THE CAROLINAS WITH THE RESULT BEING A DEEPENING LOW PRESSURE

SYSTEM ALONG THE SOUTH CAROLINA COAST LATER TONIGHT AND SUNDAY.

THE OOZ MODELS ARE IN VERY GOOD AGREEMENT NOW ON THIS SCENARIO.

ALTHOUGH THE SURFACE STORM TRACK ACROSS NORTH FLORIDA IS NOT THE

CLIMATOLOGICAL FAVORED TRACK...THE STORM IS FORECAST TO BE

STRONGER AND NOW CLOSER TO THE SOUTH CAROLINA COAST RESULTING IN

STRONGER COLD ADVECTION/WRAP AROUND PRECIPITATION INTO CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA.

THE 850MB TROUGH IS ALSO NORTH OF THE FAVORED TRACK BUT

TEMPERATURES IN THE TROUGH ARE QUITE COLD...-2C TO -6C WITH STRONG

LOW LEVEL CONVERGENCE IN THE TROUGH TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY. STRONG

SYNOPTIC LIFT IS ALSO EXPECTED AS UPPER TROUGH AMPLIFIES OVER THE

REGION ESPECIALLY THE PEE DEE AND NORTHEAST MIDLANDS LATE TONIGHT

AND SUNDAY. MODEL SOUNDINGS SHOW DEEP MOISTURE/LIFT INTO THE SNOW

GROWTH REGION...EARLY TONIGHT ALONG WITH A SHALLOW SURFACE WARM

LAYER.

DIABATIC AND EVAPORATIONAL COOLING THIS EVENING WILL RESULT IN A

CHANGE OVER FROM RAIN TO SNOW ACROSS THE AREA FROM WEST TO EAST

WITH ALSO MAINLY ALL SNOW BY SUNDAY MORNING.

WITH SOIL TEMPERATURES WARM AND MOS INDICATING TEMPERATURES MAY

STAY ABOVE FREEZING IN MANY AREAS...THIS SHOULD DECREASE

ACCUMULATIONS AT LEAST EARLY IN THE EVENT. BASED ON BUFKIT USED SNOW-

RATIOS AROUND 10:1...ALTHOUGH RATIOS MAY BE HIGHER. SNOW TOTALS

IN THE 1 TO 3 INCH RANGE SEEMS APPROPRIATE...WITH HIGHEST AMOUNTS

IN THE PEE DEE WHERE STRONGER LIFT IS EXPECTED EARLY SUNDAY.

WITH THE ARRAY OF FORECAST TECHNIQUES NOW POINTING TO THE STRONG

POSSIBILITY OF MEASURE ABLE SNOW ACROSS THE CWA...ESPECIALLY IN THE

NORTH AND EAST...WILL ISSUE A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR THE ENTIRE

AREA...SINCE CONFIDENCE IS INCREASING FOR A SIGNIFICANT SNOW

STORM TONIGHT AND SUNDAY.-- End Changed Discussion --

&&

Forget what I said. Peachtree has came out with their WWA for the Atlanta area.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA

438 AM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR NORTH GEORGIA UNTIL 1 AM

EST SUNDAY...

.THE COMBINATION OF TWO WEATHER FEATURES WILL SUPPLY AMPLE

MOISTURE AND COOLER TEMPERATURES TO THE STATE TODAY AND TONIGHT...

PRODUCING SNOW AND RAIN ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTH AND CENTRAL

GEORGIA.

GAZ025-027-031>039-041>055-057-251745-

/O.EXB.KFFC.WW.Y.0012.000000T0000Z-101226T1800Z/

JACKSON-MADISON-PAULDING-COBB-NORTH FULTON-GWINNETT-BARROW-CLARKE-

OCONEE-OGLETHORPE-WILKES-HARALSON-CARROLL-DOUGLAS-SOUTH FULTON-

DEKALB-ROCKDALE-WALTON-NEWTON-MORGAN-GREENE-TALIAFERRO-HEARD-

COWETA-FAYETTE-CLAYTON-HENRY-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MARIETTA...ATLANTA...LAWRENCEVILLE...

ATHENS...CARROLLTON...DOUGLASVILLE...EAST POINT...DECATUR...

CONYERS...COVINGTON...NEWNAN...PEACHTREE CITY

438 AM EST SAT DEC 25 2010

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST SUNDAY FOR

NORTH GEORGIA...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS EXTENDED THE WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FURTHER SOUTHWARD...WHICH NOW INCLUDES METRO ATLANTA

AND THE ATHENS AREA. THE ADVISORY IS NOW ALONG AND NORTH OF A

NEWNAN TO MADISON TO WASHINGTON LINE... DUE TO THE THREAT OF LIGHT

ACCUMULATING SNOW THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING AND ICY ROAD CONDITIONS

OVERNIGHT. THE ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST SUNDAY.

TWO WEATHER FEATURES WILL USHER ABUNDANT MOISTURE INTO THE STATE

ON TODAY...AND WITH CHILLY TEMPERATURES EXPECTED ACROSS NORTH

GEORGIA THIS MORNING...SNOW IS EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE. THE

PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AS SNOW THIS MORNING... THEN A

MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW THROUGH THE DAY...AND ALL SNOW AGAIN IN THE

EVENING AND OVERNIGHT AS WARP AROUND MOISTURE SPREADS IN FROM THE

EAST.

THE GREATER SNOW AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS PARTS OF NORTH AND

NORTHEAST GEORGIA...GENERALLY ALONG AND NORTH OF A ROME TO

GAINESVILLE LINE WHERE 1 TO 3 INCHES ARE POSSIBLY FROM THIS

MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING. ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE

IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF NORTHEAST GEORGIA.

FOR METRO ATLANTA AND ATHENS...AND THEIR SURROUNDING AREAS... SOME

LIGHT ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE TODAY... THEN POSSIBLY 1 TO 2

INCHES THIS EVENING AND OVERNIGHT.

REMEMBER...ICY ROADS WILL ALSO BE A THREAT FROM THIS EVENING

THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING AS TEMPERATURES WILL BE SLOW TO WARM ABOVE

FREEZING SUNDAY MORNING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW

WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW

COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE

DRIVING. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES.

From the Peachtree NWS.

Source

Archived