• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

Just now, losetoa6 said:

850s look just good enough once the low is at our lat . Surface would probably need work as in early morning overnight timing . It's fun just entertaining this mid late April opportunity to see some white stuff  .:popcorn:

I am punting the second third of spring in my circles.  And I have noted that May is no gimmie for a frying pan either but too far out to make too much of a call there.  Main driver is  constant fluxes of the jet stream down over us when lows pass to our West and drag down fronts. 

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The results of the latest ne.wx seasonal weather forecast contest.  @TimBand I did fairly well so up it goes. :-).  Last year, I did not do so well so up it did not go.  Ha Having TQ so low on the list shows how crazy of a winter it was. 

image.thumb.png.65417d6892b9c595996b040d1670e858.png

Wow, congrats on the top 5 finish. Looks like I wasn’t too far behind you. I’ll take it for it being my first one of these.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks. Yea, you were basically 1-2" behind me on total forecast.  Good thing Pitt was not one of the cities as you may have beaten me :-). 

If I had only been a little less generous with the 22” that I forecast for MDT. And PIT wouldn’t have helped me, I would have lowballed it and we ended up right at our normal.

• Like 1

The results of the latest ne.wx seasonal weather forecast contest.  [mention=18177]TimB[/mention]and I did fairly well so up it goes. :-).  Last year, I did not do so well so up it did not go.  Ha Having TQ so low on the list shows how crazy of a winter it was. 

image.thumb.png.65417d6892b9c595996b040d1670e858.png

What is MPRV? How is everything scored/ranked?

. Pro

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You may have posted this in jest but it appears there is no day where a low of 70 is normal.   I did a quick scan and 68 or 69 are the low's for normal at MDT. 

Thank you! My post wasn't so much in jest, but when looking at my station my first thought was "is this even normal in the middle of summer?"

Caveat - my low was 64, but that occurred at 5am. 

• Like 1