• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’m starting to get that October of 2011 feeling. Run after run of multiple models are showing accumulating snow. While the time of year should say “no way”…. It might be time to start believing that some of us may see one more chance of snow.

Keep it west of the Susquehanna and I'll be ok with it...

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, this afternoon was completely different than this morning. It’s like we went from June Weather this morning to October weather this afternoon.

PSU just stated some obvious stuff, in the MA, also being stated here.   It is not supposed to be in the 70's now and even 60's wise, low 60's is normal.  After today MDT is above normal for the month.   The sport of weather has turned into a warminista dominated game.   The warminista's almost always win. 

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

We've had some pretty chilly highs the past few weeks though but yea 60s  are  probably average . Heck it snows in April :ph34r:

I work outside alot and yesterday was too freaking warm this early 

I guess my point is that it has been an average month and to us it feels cold because we are so used to every month being warm.

18 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

We've had some pretty chilly highs the past few weeks though but yea 60s  are  probably average . Heck it snows in April :ph34r:

I work outside alot and yesterday was too freaking warm this early 

I said as much this morning in a post.

My AC is still humming nearly non-stop. Still 59 degrees here now. 

29 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Got ya. The whole month of January was pretty cold though overall . 

Defintely colder than average after the first few days but only 2.7 under.    Just a few months earlier we had a month that was 6.6 over average!  Warminista's are living the high life.  Us cold folks are left with the scraps.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Defintely colder than average after the first few days but only 2.7 under.    Just a few months earlier we had a month that was 6.6 over average!  Warminista's are living the high life.  Us cold folks are left with the scraps.

We just don't do sustained cold like we did years ago. I know, that just sounded like an old guy saying something like "I used to walk to school with snow up to my waist" kind of stuff, but really...as a kid, it was an expectation that we'd be able to play hockey on local ponds for weeks during the middle of winter. Ponds don't freeze that solid that long anymore because it just isn't cold enough, long enough.

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We just don't do sustained cold like we did years ago. I know, that just sounded like an old guy saying something like "I used to walk to school with snow up to my waist" kind of stuff, but really...as a kid, it was an expectation that we'd be able to play hockey on local ponds for weeks during the middle of winter. Ponds don't freeze that solid that long anymore because it just isn't cold enough, long enough.

That and the aura that it has been cold this month.  It has been average but because it is not steaming hot, the illusion is that it has been cold.  We are like the 1974 Washington Caps.  We are so used to losing that if we head into the third tied, it is a victory (and the spring flingers on the MA complain)

I hit 84 for a high both yesterday and today. Storms were barely a whimper here. The wife and I tied one on tonight for the first time in a long time. The whiskey and wine was flowing. Good times. Baby girl is growing strong as she approaches her two week birthday tomorrow ha. Ready for a cold Easter. Life is good gentlemen, don’t ever forget it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That and the aura that it has been cold this month.  It has been average but because it is not steaming hot, the illusion is that it has been cold.  We are like the 1974 Washington Caps.  We are so used to losing that if we head into the third tied, it is a victory (and the spring flingers on the MA complain)

As an O's fan I can sorta kinda relate. LOL