• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2022

16 minutes ago, TimB said:

Can’t see anything accumulating here in mid-afternoon with August equivalent sun angle and temps in the mid to upper 30s. Still a better chance in areas where the heaviest precip moves through after dark.

Those are some of the areas that are in the contest.  Verbatim there would be some big snows in Central NY. 

57 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 12z Euro was too tucked for the LSV this run. We need the low to track 50 to 100 miles further east to have a better chance of some snow out of this event down here.

The I-99 corridor looks to be in a great spot at this time for snow.

20BCF80A-B889-4226-9BB1-89082ABF15AF.png

1EFBFFD1-B482-45A7-BC30-573CBEB3B019.png

6DDE2B46-A948-444D-BC59-87FF6BFB2C2C.png

Mid April tucks are for the birds.  We need tucks before the last half of spring.

Here are CTP’s thoughts this morning.

Monday will begin with a mix of rain and snow spreading north/east into Central PA. The column temperatures may support plain snow for a few hours, but the warm-ish ground and ever- higher sun angle will keep accums to a minimum on Monday. Will continue to carry around an inch for Somerset Co, and less elsewhere for Mon AM. It then rains for a good portion of the day as the next upper trough pushes in from the Upper Great
Lakes. The air cools off again Mon evening, and a slushy coating is again possible for the Alleghenies.
LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...
Later Monday night into Tuesday afternoon still has to be watched for some more snow, given developing low off the coast. Later in the day on Tuesday, lake effect and upslope snow showers will be possible.

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here are CTP’s thoughts this morning.

Monday will begin with a mix of rain and snow spreading north/east into Central PA. The column temperatures may support plain snow for a few hours, but the warm-ish ground and ever- higher sun angle will keep accums to a minimum on Monday. Will continue to carry around an inch for Somerset Co, and less elsewhere for Mon AM. It then rains for a good portion of the day as the next upper trough pushes in from the Upper Great
Lakes. The air cools off again Mon evening, and a slushy coating is again possible for the Alleghenies.
LONG TERM /TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...
Later Monday night into Tuesday afternoon still has to be watched for some more snow, given developing low off the coast. Later in the day on Tuesday, lake effect and upslope snow showers will be possible.

Lovin' the tracking in Mid April.   And we have sort of been ignoring the Tuesday snow potential.  Could be some in the LSV who see snow both days. 

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lovin' the tracking in Mid April.   And we have sort of been ignoring the Tuesday snow potential.  Could be some in the LSV who see snow both days. 

Looking good for up here early in the week. All the people that went away for Spring Break are not going to enjoy coming back, as it's snowing here this morning as well. Nothing laying yet...Tug is a different story.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think he was probably offering a peace offer in that post :-) 

Perhaps. I doubt I see anything other than maybe white rain down here, but up on the I-81 ridge top from Tremont to Hazleton (which is an entirely different world weatherwise) there could be.

Elliott on Monday:

My attention then turns to a storm system moving northeastward from the Carolinas to the southern New England coastline from Monday afternoon into Tuesday. Although the air mass ahead of and to the northwest of the system will be unseasonably cold, it's almost impossible for snow to fall in southeastern PA during the daylight hours in mid-April. The fact that temperatures will rebound into the upper 40s to low 50s before precipitation arrives in the afternoon makes it virtually impossible for snow to occur. In the highest terrain of central and northern PA (above 1700 feet), precipitation will arrive several hours earlier with temperatures only in the 30s. So, I actually do expect a light (1-3") accumulation of snow in these areas.. but only on non-paved surfaces, of course. However, precipitation should remain solely in the form of rain across the Lower Susquehanna Valley

Elliott on Monday:
My attention then turns to a storm system moving northeastward from the Carolinas to the southern New England coastline from Monday afternoon into Tuesday. Although the air mass ahead of and to the northwest of the system will be unseasonably cold, it's almost impossible for snow to fall in southeastern PA during the daylight hours in mid-April. The fact that temperatures will rebound into the upper 40s to low 50s before precipitation arrives in the afternoon makes it virtually impossible for snow to occur. In the highest terrain of central and northern PA (above 1700 feet), precipitation will arrive several hours earlier with temperatures only in the 30s. So, I actually do expect a light (1-3") accumulation of snow in these areas.. but only on non-paved surfaces, of course. However, precipitation should remain solely in the form of rain across the Lower Susquehanna Valley

Yeah, we would need a wrapped up bomb to get snow towards the coast this time of year.

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Elliott on Monday:

45 minutes ago, paweather said:

What does it look like for snow Monday?