• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Spring 2022

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’ve seen snow in the daylight in May just 2 years ago at only a few hundred feet of elevation.

If conditions are right, it can snow. If rates are good, it can stick to many surfaces, even during the day.

I hate to try and speak for someone else (quite dangerous to do  so!) but I "think" he's referring to a  general, accumulating snowfall, and not just "flakes in the air." I mean, the May snow days were just 2 years ago, so I don't think he's ignoring that. He's simply saying that the chances of snow falling and accumulating in late April are exceptionally rare. In fact, the only "snowfall" I remember falling during April was on 4/6/1982. That event was probably as anomalous as one can imagine...a noon temp of 26 with heavy snow and wind and snow accumulating, blowing, and drifting on every surface imaginable. The only other April snows that I can recall down this way occurred at night and/or did not stick on paved surfaces.

Flakes flying in the air in late April? Sure. A general snowfall that accumulates during the day? Can't recall that happening. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I hate to try and speak for someone else (quite dangerous to do  so!) but I "think" he's referring to a  general, accumulating snowfall, and not just "flakes in the air." I mean, the May snow days were just 2 years ago, so I don't think he's ignoring that. He's simply saying that the chances of snow falling and accumulating in late April are exceptionally rare. In fact, the only "snowfall" I remember falling during April was on 4/6/1982. That event was probably as anomalous as one can imagine...a noon temp of 26 with heavy snow and wind and snow accumulating, blowing, and drifting on every surface imaginable. The only other April snows that I can recall down this way occurred at night and/or did not stick on paved surfaces.

Flakes flying in the air in late April? Sure. A general snowfall that accumulates during the day? Can't recall that happening. 

Good points.

It will be tough to stick without elevation during the day.

I am just hoping for snow TV for a few hours.

Maybe a mulch & car topper in the evening if we are lucky.

14 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Indeed. So I just thought of something…..are all Philly fans going to have to start wearing masks to the games again come Monday? Nothing like muffling your own fans! :lol:

They won't even if mandated. Masks were required for the majority of the season and over 90% took them off as soon as they reached the seating bowl and that was that. 

• Like 1