Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,272
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Iceberg
    Newest Member
    Iceberg
    Joined

Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?


Recommended Posts

Current temperature at ALB Int'l is 99 degrees Fahrenheit. This tops the previous high temperature record of 98 for our area which has been the record since 1955! Poughkeepsie also hit a new record high temperature of 99 today from a previous record of 98 in 1944! This makes today the hottest day in our area since 2011!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sizzle sizzle lol BW nailed it..

Relief is on the way thankfully for us non sizzle fans lol

The oppressive heat and humidity of the past several days will finally come to an end, as cooler and gradually less humid air will move into our region behind a cold front late tonight and Tuesday. The front will generate some showers and thunderstorms with heavy rain in the process. A change to truely more comfortable weather will not move in though until Thursday evening.

weatherstory - 2022-08-08T173521.610.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Damn that lake is a furnace..lol This is 2am Thursday into Friday...N/NW winds obviously..

Screenshot_20220808-160802.png

No matter the wind direction, Sizzlecuse torches. The lake doesn't do a dang thing to cool us down when temps are scorching, but it will warm us up when a cold front moves through. haha

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

No matter the wind direction, Sizzlecuse torches. The lake doesn't do a dang thing to cool us down when temps are scorching, but it will warm us up when a cold front moves through. haha

Lol when it’s scorching the winds aren’t coming from the N/NW. Get what your saying though. Some relief will be nice but I don’t think it’s been too hot a summer at least here. Couple mini torches (like the one BuffaloWeather correctly called)  but that happens every year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Lol when it’s scorching the winds aren’t coming from the N/NW. Get what your saying though. Some relief will be nice but I don’t think it’s been too hot a summer at least here. Couple mini torches (like the one BuffaloWeather correctly called)  but that happens every year. 

Stupid Sizzlecuse had a nice June, but then once it got hot in July, it's been hot. 13 days of above 90 degrees and then 8 more AT 89 degrees. If the temp goes above 83 degrees here, it SOARS through the 80s and sits at 89 to 92 degrees. It's like the "set state" for afternoon highs here on hot days. 3rd consecutive summer with over 20 days around 90 degrees. The gateway to hell.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Stupid Sizzlecuse had a nice June, but then once it got hot in July, it's been hot. 13 days of above 90 degrees and then 8 more AT 89 degrees. If the temp goes above 83 degrees here, it SOARS through the 80s and sits at 89 to 92 degrees. It's like the "set state" for afternoon highs here on hot days. 3rd consecutive summer with over 20 days around 90 degrees. The gateway to hell.

Not sure how you put up with that. Syracuse has 4 more 90+ days this year alone than Pittsburgh International has recorded in the last two summers combined.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Stupid Sizzlecuse had a nice June, but then once it got hot in July, it's been hot. 13 days of above 90 degrees and then 8 more AT 89 degrees. If the temp goes above 83 degrees here, it SOARS through the 80s and sits at 89 to 92 degrees. It's like the "set state" for afternoon highs here on hot days. 3rd consecutive summer with over 20 days around 90 degrees. The gateway to hell.

:sizzle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Not sure how you put up with that. Syracuse has 4 more 90+ days this year alone than Pittsburgh International has recorded in the last two summers combined.

Across the state from Pitt in Scranton, they have even more than Syracuse and MUCH more than Pitt with 17 days this summer of 90 degrees or above. Sort of the opposite of what one would think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

10-15" of rain in the spot I'm going to in Alaska next week...  :(

gfs_apcpn_ak_39.png

Karma is a bit*h. I bet you learned a hard lesson and Tug Hill busted you when you said we have hit 90 degree 20 times this year when we only had 3 days of 90's. And you kept saying torch is coming when it never did. You got busted HARD. Now you have to deal with your consequence and enjoy your miserable vacation next week with 15" of rain. :lol:

  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...