• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11th-13th Winter Weather Event. Winter's last gasp?

Windspeed

Incredibly, snow has somehow begun to accumulate on roadways throughout the Nashville area despite temperatures around 70 earlier today. This phenomenon was previously thought to be impossible by some local meteorologists. It remains to be seen how quickly they forget this before the next snowfall hits the area.

275395247_1121307878724925_4987154014645

275504988_502602861471517_43238823877721

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Shocker0 said:

Incredibly, snow has somehow begun to accumulate on roadways throughout the Nashville area despite temperatures around 70 earlier today. This phenomenon was previously thought to be impossible by some local meteorologists. It remains to be seen how quickly they forget that this is possible before the next snowfall hits the area.

275395247_1121307878724925_4987154014645

Expect anything to be lost to puddles :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

That's like a carpenter who doesn't being a hammer to work, instead he brings a spoon lol...someone needs to ask him what he uses then..tea leaves, 1-900 psychic hotline from the 80's...im curious now

I've heard from the grape vines that he gets his forecasts from Miss Cleo.

160726-miss-cleo-youree-harris-mdl.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Yeah I drove from town and it wasn't doing anything, and felt about 5 degrees warmer. Then started sprinkling right off Exit 311. Looks like it'll change to snow very shortly. Weather Channel has lowered us to 1-3" though

Interesting....had several customers tell me they heard on local radio ( the TV met report) that areas in Cumberland county were getting 10 Inches ...I listened on way from town but didn't hear it ....oh well don't know what to make of that !?!

3 minutes ago, Wintersnow888 said:

Interesting....had several customers tell me they heard on local radio ( the TV met report) that areas in Cumberland county were getting 10 Inches ...I listened on way from town but didn't hear it ....oh well don't know what to make of that !?!

Some models yesterday had us anywhere from 8-15" at times. But today it seems like it shifted the heavier stuff East. We'll see though. I'd say 3-6" is probably a good possibility which is what the WSW is for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John1122 said:

WVLT met is killing me again. He just said "We've got some warm rain falling, it's not going to be enough to make puddles, but it will be enough to stave off accumulation for a while."

I've never seen anyone more obsessed with puddles and anyone so wrong about the dynamics of sticking snow. 

You know those prizes you get in cracker jacks? I think this is where their degree comes from! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

WVLT met is killing me again. He just said "We've got some warm rain falling, it's not going to be enough to make puddles, but it will be enough to stave off accumulation for a while."

I've never seen anyone more obsessed with puddles and anyone so wrong about the dynamics of sticking snow. 

so full of sh*t 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic