Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Windows open for 50’s? I don’t get that. The house would be freezing . Do you set your thermostat at 55 in the winter?

Yeah a crack. That’s fine. House is warm from daytime stuff I guess, cooking etc. I had the heat on this morning and it went to the 60s, so house won’t drop. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah a crack. That’s fine. House is warm from daytime stuff I guess, cooking etc. I had the heat on this morning and it went to the 60s, so house won’t drop. 

I just spent 14k on new windows and they’re all closed. All 3 thermostats are set at 68. If I even cracked the widows it would be too chilly and the furnace would go on after a short period of time. I get yelled at all winter for keeping the temp inside too low with 3 females in the house. A few more weeks and the pollen in the air means no windows open . Plus installs happen in Napril

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Windows open for 50’s? I don’t get that. The house would be freezing . Do you set your thermostat at 55 in the winter?

Fresh air man. I love it. Not going to drop the place to 50F, but I will enjoy a bit of fresh air cracked inside after a winter of stale household air.  Clean it out when you get the chance.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just spent 14k on new windows and they’re all closed. All 3 thermostats are set at 68. If I even cracked the widows it would be too chilly and the furnace would go on after a short period of time. I get yelled at all winter for keeping the temp inside too low with 3 females in the house. A few more weeks and the pollen in the air means no windows open . Plus installs happen in Napril

When did you get new windows? Whole house for 14K?

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s crazy that you set thermostats for 68F+ and also install air conditioning in April in New England.  We dropped 10K on windows two years ago and it makes a difference in the cold season, but also warms things up quickly with direct sunlight.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s crazy that you set thermostats for 68F+ and also install air conditioning in April in New England.  We dropped 10K on windows two years ago and it makes a difference in the cold season, but also warms things up quickly with direct sunlight.

68 is room temperature. You don’t have kids and spend 6-7 months a year in the cold . So to you 60 inside in winter is comfortable. Families change things .. as do jobs and body types . We will keep it at 70 at times in height of winter cold . And the AC is also set at 68 in summer 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

But is your normal air dirty? I’m not following 

?  No not dirty... fresh air is always better to me.  A breeze.  It feels and smells like the woods, evergreens lining the property.  I just love fresh air.  Not that the indoor air is bad... there's just something about a bit of environmental air inside a dwelling to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

68 is room temperature. You don’t have kids and spend 6-7 months a year in the cold . So to you 60 inside in winter is comfortable. Families change things .. as do jobs and body types 

But you install air conditioning in April you said.  I don't care about the temp in the winter.  If folks prefer it hotter, so be it.  Doesn't matter at all, do what feels right.  But by installing A/C in April, it gives a different signal that one doesn't like it warmer.  That's something done by someone who hates being uncomfortably hot.  You want to be 68F and dry 365/7/24 a year.  A narrow range of air temperature to live in, I prefer more of a range throughout the seasons.  Everyone is different.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But you install air conditioning in April you said.  I don't care about the temp in the winter.  If folks prefer it hotter, so be it.  Doesn't matter at all, do what feels right.  But by installing A/C in April, it gives a different signal that one doesn't like it warmer.  That's something done by someone who hates being uncomfortably hot.  You want to be 68F and dry 365/7/24 a year.  A narrow range of air temperature to live in, I prefer more of a range throughout the seasons.  Everyone is different.

We all know the biggest alleged "dew lovers" here also seem to be big AC fans. Funny how that works. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Wish I hadn't opened this thread. I was blissfully unaware it was steamy everywhere else. Just assumed it was cold and terrible region-wide.

My mom just texted me saying it was so warm out without knowing the hell we have up here. Unintentional trolling. 

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1