• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 24-25th Event -- Generators for some, pre-emerg for others

JTA66

All exterior surfaces are coated in about an eighth to a quarter of an inch of really bumpy ice. It's kind of surreal, sitting here at my computer at the wee hours of the morning knowing the power could just shut off without a moment's notice and everything could just go dark. Thankfully there's no real wind associated with this event, otherwise I'm sure we would have had massive power outages by now. That said, it is icing up pretty bad out there right now. Temps hovering right around 30°F, light freezing rain.

Now that it is getting light enough to see, I popped out back and all my shrubs are completely encased in ice.  I snapped off a couple twigs from one of my lilacs and measured 0.1" accretion. :axe:

Temp is now hovering between 32/33 with dp 32, and there is dripping. But everything that is a colder untreated surface (including trees, shrubs, grassy areas) looks to be coated in ice (including the open grassy areas that may have had some sleet embedded). The cars are encased in ice and I have icicle drips hanging off my car's side mirrors.

What an eventful "nothing burger non event". ;)