Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL just make your forecast then and stop ripping and reading each model run if you have it sorted already.

Dude, we all have a general feeling of how these often trend....but that doesn't mean there's no exceptions. I think everyone is kind of expecting a bump back north at some point, but the question is do we trend this a little colder first.

Southern stream juicy overrunners will try and bump north late in the game in my experience.

• Like 5

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

mostly sleet for the hartford area NYC crushed with a ice storm

I wonder what the high end is for sleet accumulation in this general area (SNE) I think it was in '08 or so when I had my plow route we had two separate storms with lots of sleet, most I'd ever seen. One was like 3 inches

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dude, we all have a general feeling of how these often trend....but that doesn't mean there's no exceptions. I think everyone is kind of expecting a bump back north at some point, but the question is do we trend this a little colder first.

Southern stream juicy overrunners will try and bump north late in the game in my experience.

It all looks good to me. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I've been here 65 yrs, I certainly know how these SWFE's work, They have a ceiling.      lol

Just now, PhineasC said:

It all looks good to me. 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I did, Its 8-12" here, Should be the same for you, Its not hard to figure out how these work.

Yeah, phin over to dryslot is looking solid....the bigger question is does this come south enough to give warning snows to the pike or the MA/NH border...or does it bump north and introduce a bit more sleet there, but I still think you'd flip to plenty of snow anyway.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, phin over to dryslot is looking solid....the bigger question is does this come south enough to give warning snows to the pike or the MA/NH border...or does it bump north and introduce a bit more sleet there, but I still think you'd flip to plenty of snow anyway.

Where are you leaning as the narrow zr zone?

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

I wonder what the high end is for sleet accumulation in this general area (SNE) I think it was in '08 or so when I had my plow route we had two separate storms with lots of sleet, most I'd ever seen. One was like 3 inches

February 14, 2007 was a prolific sleet storm in parts of the Hudson Valley and NW CT. I had at least 4-5" of sleet in Poughkeepsie, including thunder sleet on a couple of occasions. 

21407.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You guys are certainly in the battleground area around the pike and just north, I could see you transitioning fairly quick though if the cold keeps pressing while the precip arrives to pellets then snow with ice/pellets further south.