• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28/29 Blizzard Observations/Discussion/Nowcasting

Northof78

12° with 3.5 inches of new snow on the ground in Highland Mills in Orange County 50 miles due north of midtown, and snowing moderate to occasionally heavy.

This wasn't on any maps yesterday. Looks like the WWA for 3-5 may be a bust low here. Doubt they'll upgrade to a warning now but who cares. I was hoping for 6-8 here and it looks like it could happen, dare I say more.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

12° with 3.5 inches of new snow on the ground in Highland Mills in Orange County 50 miles due north of midtown, and snowing moderate to occasionally heavy.

This wasn't on any maps yesterday. Looks like the WWA for 3-5 may be a bust low here. Doubt they'll upgrade to a warning now but who cares. I was hoping for 6-8 here and it looks like it could happen, dare I say more.

Nyc is getting sandblasted as we speak..but its def more then most models had cept the nam and euro with outputs..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 3:30 am, we're up to 4.25", as we got 1/2" last hour with somewhat diminished intensity, although the radar and my eyeballs are indicating intensity picking back up again now. Really want to get into some of those 1"+ per hour bands that look to only be 15-20 miles SE of me. Down to 24F.

As of 4:30 am, we're up to about 4.75" (difficult to measure with blowing/drifting snow) as we had good intensity for awhile, but then it waned, giving us 0.5" last hour. NWS forecast as of 4 am was for 4-6" more snow, so I'm thinking we'll get to 8-10", which would be a great snowstorm. All the way down to 23F.

21 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Cool. Then there is hope for me as I am further East in Lagrangeville in Dutchess. Gonna be heading home soon from the city. 

• Like 1

17 degrees here and 2.2" on the ground.  Per radar the precip shield has gotten as far NW into NJ / EPA as it is going to get.  Fighting dry air and a north wind.  Spots that were targeted to do well are doing well.  Radar looks good NJ shore up toward and especially east of the city.

• Like 2

Hard to tell the QPF right now with the wind, but theres probably a good 5-6 inches on the ground here already in south/central Nassau, didnt seem like there was too much accumulated until I went outside and checked...still very fluffy snow.  Thought some of the more intense bands would be going over here by now but snow is falling at a moderate pace with a good amount of wind.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BxSnowWx37 said:

This looks like it's incoming..its 19 degrees here with a ese wind which is pushing those bands in to nyc as we speak..must be a coastal front nearby. But nyc might be getting rocked soon.

Yeah looks like that band has extended up into LI and is trying to pivot into NYC.

• Like 1