Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, Hc7 said:

Looks like Jersey/Nassau/Central LI going to get smacked pretty good

If this keeps up until mid morning, Long Island will get buried. Holy.... 

Surprised at the lack of hardcore banding thus far but I shouldn't too loudly given how that usually goes for Nassau County. I'm sure that's coming in a few hours where people will rip at 3"/hr under said bands. Crazy how this has evolved over just the last 12 hours. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, weatherpruf said:

In all fairness, even with a family of scientists, I could not possibly pass the classes needed for a met degree. But I could do the weather on TV....

lol personally I don't think it would be worth the trouble, the weather is fundamentally unpredictable, as this storm has shown.  Use your brainpower to go into something like quantum mechanics or cosmology or both and try to discover what happened before the big bang ;-)

3 hours ago, jm1220 said:

If this keeps up until mid morning, Long Island will get buried. Holy.... 

Surprised at the lack of hardcore banding thus far but I shouldn't too loudly given how that usually goes for Nassau County. I'm sure that's coming in a few hours where people will rip at 3"/hr under said bands. Crazy how this has evolved over just the last 12 hours. 

dont want banding that results in haves and have nots I'd much rather have a general heavy snow everywhere

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Right here. For the 1000th time the Kuchera amounts aren’t happening. Those seem to assume like 16-1 ratios and that won’t happen in the strong winds we have in the meat of the storm and especially tomorrow. 12-1 sure so you can increase the 10-1 map somewhat but not too much. It would still be a great event though regardless. 

12-1 is always a good benchmark to use,  1 foot to 1 inch lol