Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rain to Snow obs for January 20th winter event

ChescoWx

Just now, ChasingFlakes said:

Sun is poking through the clouds with some flurries still falling.  Cars and grass are dusted.  I wasn't paying attention on this one, but checked wunderground last night and saw the 3-5 inch call and was surprised. Not surprised we busted lol.

Yes wunderground gave me false hope. Should have known this set up was guaranteed to deliver almost nothing. Light flakes for about 50 minutes thus far (and obviously no accumulation) in south philly. Back end rapidly approaching.

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Sun is poking through the clouds with some flurries still falling.  Cars and grass are dusted.  I wasn't paying attention on this one, but checked wunderground last night and saw the 3-5 inch call and was surprised. Not surprised we busted lol.

Something was going on last night, they had 6-10" for Pottstown. Clearly a glitch in the Matrix.

All but finished here, just a coating on grass and car tops, 31F.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I just want to say the models with this were pathetic!!! All rain here until the first wet flakes mixed in at 8:30 am it snowed here for about half hour.  We have zero here in Media Delaware County cloudy breezy 35 

Are you shocked and stunned like DT lol

This reminded of a crap storm you would see in March/early April not January. Rain to wet snow at the end that barely sticks to grass/trees and car tops. Nothing on the street or pavement. Received maybe .25" on grass/non paved surfaces...thought I saw the sun trying to peak out but cloudy now.

31F  

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Not much to speak about out here, just light coating. But hey I guess it’s something 

Basically mood flakes here this morning for an hour or two, and yes, it was nice. Even a dusting in one or two spots, lol. But it would be nice going into this cold stretch to have some snow cover. Maybe next week!?