Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

52 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

Agree with you Bubbler on the CMC.  That's one way we can get back to a snowier solution.  Get the coastal low going sooner/more east and cut off the surge to our west.  CMC is a noticeable shift towards that.  Let's see if we can get it on the Euro.  I can't believe tomorrow is another full day tracking for this event!  Feels like we've been tracking it for a month now.

Everything still looks decent to me.

CDCD9A89-C5AF-438E-A37E-AF1C339A2A40.png

797DEAE8-4AAE-4302-AE50-37D05858369B.png

2E054DCA-A94C-45D1-91BC-79BDA6A831E7.png

A8CEF2AD-25BD-4B9E-878F-456CB8E90BBD.png

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Awesome ^

Inspector showed up right as I was sitting down to look at models :weep: at lunch . Just saw the Euro and I'm very happy with its output for here . Real nice wind driven  thump to brief mix then lull ...then a very possible wraparound mini deform :snowing:. For Monday morning and SS through afternoon.  What's not to like. 

Did you tell him or her to hold on, the Euro was coming in?   Appease them by pointing out that its not slow like the Nam.  Euro, like the GEM, was better at not pushing the westward extent of the 850's failure over our way.  Here is the worst 925 and 850 for the LSV.  On the 850's, we were about to lose them from the west the panel before this but the coastal has collapsed it on this panel.

image.thumb.png.08e48972ad9d976db32ccc7a6f349fa8.png

image.thumb.png.c6c7263ed836dd990fde398d3a2ca08f.png

2 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Gotta start looking at mesos for thermals. I am thinking brief heavy snow to sleet to rain. NAM looks like it has the right idea.

Where we have watches for heavier snows, thinking that will be a sleet fest.

It's very possible.  If the Nam's depiction of the waves is close to correct, sleet is a much larger issue that the Euro or Gem showed. 

19 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Gotta start looking at mesos for thermals. I am thinking brief heavy snow to sleet to rain. NAM looks like it has the right idea.

Where we have watches for heavier snows, thinking that will be a sleet fest.

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's very possible.  If the Nam's depiction of the waves is close to correct, sleet is a much larger issue that the Euro or Gem showed. 

If there's a ton of sleet that's included in snowfall measurements, correct? So, if someone gets 5" of snow followed by 2" of sleet in the central mountains, then the a Winter Storm Warning would have verified. Or do I have that wrong?