Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Those, and quite a few more. The 1/19/19 storm sent me off the board for a while. Not one of my prouder moments. I learned from it, though. 

As Pennsylvanians, we have quite the list of snowstorm disappointments, and with that said, that storm is the one that I hate to think about more than any other.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Canderson you’re off the hook 

I wrote Randy and asked him for help as I knew logically it was something that happened here.   Still not sure what it was.  I am familiar with this BB software and know that I can delete the whole topic but it usually would get me a warning nag before that happened.  Oh well.  I caused tons of issues this AM. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I wrote Randy and asked him for help as I knew logically it was something that happened here.   Still not sure what it was.  I am familiar with this BB software and know that I can delete the whole topic but it usually would get me a warning nag before that happened.  Oh well.  I caused tons of issues this AM. 

Really not a big deal.  Keep your head up

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I see what you did there.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, please don't let that get to you. I was kind of glad for the new thread honestly. :) 

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The 12z NAM, verbatim, would be an abject disaster for the entire forum, completely torched.

It's actually never been a snow storm unfortunately.  It looked great leading up to the situation but once it got in range to have panels with precip, it was always a quick change over for most here. 

One aspect of this storm I was looking forward to was the advertised hellacious front-end thump showing up.  However, that has backed down significantly for us in the southeast as the WAA precip lags while the SE flow in the mid-levels is just raging.  So now we'll be waiting for the precip to get here as the mid-levels will be getting wrecked.  Looks like a burst of snow, to some sleet, then drizzle.  That burst of snow is dwindling for some of us.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

It's actually never been a snow storm unfortunately.  It looked great leading up to the situation but once it got in range to have panels with precip, it was always a quick change over for most here. 

Yeah but there were always at least some areas of the forum that were slated to do very well (i.e. I99 corridor, north of I80, etc.), whereas the latest NAM services basically no one outside of the Erie region.

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah but there were always at least some areas of the forum that were slated to do very well (i.e. I99 corridor, north of I80, etc.), whereas the latest NAM services basically no one outside of the Erie region.

I meant on the nam.  It was focusing the big snow around Erie right off the bat yesterday.  Limiting most of the forum to lesser amounts.

53 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A couple of red taggers were mentioning last evening that this is the type of storm where the mix will occur even faster, and much farther N&W than the models currently indicate. It will be something to watch on Sunday PM/early Monday to see what happens out towards true Central PA. 

Yeah, thats what the 80% part of my statement represents.

8 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

Isn’t the NAM still slightly out of its best range?

Yes, within 48 hours would be more ideal, but it has sniffed out quite a few thigs over the years.  I for one do not ignore it.  Just another tool in the toolbox.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I meant on the nam.  It was focusing the big snow around Erie right off the bat yesterday.  Limiting most of the forum to lesser amounts.

Got it.