Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

2 minutes ago, eyewall said:

In case anyone is worrying about soil temps, they are now in the 30's and 40's.

I am in Davie County and we cashed in on a couple inches from the 1/3 storm.  Soil temps were pretty high (50s to 60s I believe) prior to that storm.  It was sunny for a few days after that and it amazed me that 2 days later, I still saw shady spots of grass that were still holding snow.  I assume that the snow sitting on the ground must really kick the soil temps down pretty quick.

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

Surface temps are very cold in NC as well. Where the warm nose does arrive could mean lots of sleet and ZR

IF the GFS is right then that ULL will help drive out that warm nose for those on the edge of this. Want to see what the Euro does cause the NW trend will happen so we need suppression on our side now. 

• Like 3

I don't think this particular rendition of the GFS is handling the LP placement that well. There's a 1035HP high over the NY fingerlakes. Textbook CAD. I would not expect the low to take the inland track as depicted. 

The 500mb ULL bump N is a separate issue that bears watching but i'm not completely concerned about it yet. 

• Like 3