• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 9-11 Lake Effect Snow Event

11 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

That was incredibly heavy snow, wow!  Honestly way heavier rates than anything I saw in Buffalo the other day. I was getting lost and disoriented on roads I’ve been on 100 times. 10 foot visibility at best during the peak. Really impressed. That was worth the price of admission. I took a couple vids but the camera does a great job of filtering out scattered light and noise so never really looks like much. I’ll see if any are decent after I eat. 

Yeah that thing was putting out 4-5" rates!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

That was incredibly heavy snow, wow!  Honestly way heavier rates than anything I saw in Buffalo the other day. I was getting lost and disoriented on roads I’ve been on 100 times. 10 foot visibility at best during the peak. Really impressed. That was worth the price of admission. I took a couple vids but the camera does a great job of filtering out scattered light and noise so never really looks like much. I’ll see if any are decent after I eat. 

Agreed. I am out picking up my son and if this isn’t 3-4”/hr snow I’m shocked. Absolutely ripping 

Very smart move on BGM NWS's part. As soon as the band died down and moved south of the Thruway, they updated the advisory for "additional snow." Since the southern part of Onondaga won't get the band like up here, their total will be 3 to 5 inches, with an additional 3 to 5 inches for the northern part of the county (as long as the multi bands form).

NYZ018-111500-
/O.CON.KBGM.WW.Y.0005.000000T0000Z-220111T1400Z/
/O.CON.KBGM.WC.Y.0001.220111T0600Z-220111T1500Z/
Onondaga-
Including the city of Syracuse
923 PM EST Mon Jan 10 2022

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST
TUESDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, lake effect snow.
  Additional snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches. For the Wind
  Chill Advisory, very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as
  low as 25 below zero.

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Very smart move on BGM NWS's part. As soon as the band died down and moved south of the Thruway, they updated the advisory for "additional snow." Since the southern part of Onondaga won't get the band like up here, their total will be 3 to 5 inches, with an additional 3 to 5 inches for the northern part of the county (as long as the multi bands form).

NYZ018-111500-
/O.CON.KBGM.WW.Y.0005.000000T0000Z-220111T1400Z/
/O.CON.KBGM.WC.Y.0001.220111T0600Z-220111T1500Z/
Onondaga-
Including the city of Syracuse
923 PM EST Mon Jan 10 2022

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST
TUESDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, lake effect snow.
  Additional snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches. For the Wind
  Chill Advisory, very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as
  low as 25 below zero.

I just measured as the wind is picking up...3.5" with "the band"...and an inch this a.m.   not seeing an additional 3-5" from here but we can hope...

40 minutes ago, sferic said:

Here is my RadarScope Pro settings, seems same as yours but image is not

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks !

Screenshot_20220110-212115_RadarScope.jpg

Sorry, I can’t figure it out. Like you said we’re both using the same settings but your display is not showing all the returns. Do you get the same thing if you chose one of the other reflectivity settings?

8 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Just measured 4.0 inches in less than 2 hours. The band definitely produced better than I thought. Now let’s see what we can get out of the NW multi bands. BTW, the wind is definitely picking up here. Temperature is down to 14. 

So far my call is on track...

Can I make it 2 for 2?

NWS must know something I don't lol 

They added an advisory for Oswego county for tonight..

Tonight
Snow showers likely, mainly between 11pm and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -20. Blustery, with a north wind 13 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Haha 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

NWS must know something I don't lol 

They added an advisory for Oswego county for tonight..

Tonight
Snow showers likely, mainly between 11pm and 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -20. Blustery, with a north wind 13 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Mexico bay convergence