• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York- Jan 9-11 Lake Effect Snow Event

14 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Yep only a light dusting here. Grass is almost all showing besides some crust piles from last weeks snow. 

Brutally cold again this morning. 2 degrees but with a 10 mph wind the wind chill was -14 . Up to a balmy 6 degrees with a -9 wind chill now. There is no use for this cold of weather. God bless anyone (BuffaloWeather) who is gonna be sitting at the Bills game Saturday night in similar conditions. Gonna need a lot of drinks to keep the body warm :pepsi:

I'm tailgating for 12 hours straight. :drunk:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vortmax said:

Anyone get anything overnight? We literally got nothing. Some grass still showing. Really disappointed. 

I got about 1 inch overnight, but the 3 inches from the front compacted down so I still only have 3 on the ground. 

22" on the season.

It's depressing to have 2 degrees this morning and rain in the forecast for tomorrow.  SMH 

8 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I got about 1 inch overnight, but the 3 inches from the front compacted down so I still only have 3 on the ground. 

22" on the season.

It's depressing to have 2 degrees this morning and rain in the forecast for tomorrow.  SMH 

Southerly wind, compression, just amazing how quickly the cold air erodes.

16 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Great, maybe my grass will finally be covered for the first time this not-so-young season.

I sure hope so! You have definitely been in the screw zone this season. I've had a handful of plowable snowfalls with almost 35 inches on the season. Still well below normal for this time, but doing much better than many on here. The "positive" for you is that you haven't had to watch the snow vanish/vaporize within 24 to 48 hours every time...right? lol