• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6th-7th 2022 Second Chance Storm

John1122

That northwest trend yesterday told the story.  Have seen some light and scattered flurries.  That should be it for this storm unless it reorganizes.  Euro absolutely nailed this system, including the late trend which split the system over E TN.  Cold ensues!  Next round after mid-month.  Time for a break in tracking!  Two in one week is work.  Congratulations to those in middle TN on their snow!   

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

No reports of any rain or mix north of 40 in the valley and CC on RadarScope shows that well. We have talked for days that interstate 40 was the line.

Good point. And basically, those models are seeing that as mix instead of snow and therefore the snowfall maps will show lower than the probable amounts since those areas are getting all snow.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dsty2001 said:

I don't believe the radar is picking up all of the snow, seeing areas reporting snow where there is a hole in the radar?

It's snowing harder than it has in a couple hours where I live in Crossville and the radar looks dried out here. But that happens a lot here in winter so may not mean anything really as far as this system goes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

@John1122 getting some pretty good snow rates again but much smaller flakes. 

Like the report from you and Shocker. Happens often on the Plateau on the back side of systems. Snow falls from lower in the DGZ and it doesn't show up well on radar. I have noticed the hour or hour and a half just before dark seems to often see a pick up on days like today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bearman said:

And as soon as they did my road turned white in west Knoxville.

Maybe it was jinxing us?!  Roads are now  white here. No more sleet.

Before it starting snowing hard again there was a lot of wind and a few minute burst of heavy sleet. It almost looked like rock salt falling out of the sky. Now it is dumping snow. Down to 31 as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Maybe it was jinxing us?!  Roads are now  white here. No more sleet.

Before it starting snowing hard again there was a lot of wind and a few minute burst of heavy sleet. It almost looked like rock salt falling out of the sky. Now it is dumping snow. Down to 31 as well. 

Nice little reverse jinx. Good looking out, MRX! 

I do find it peculiar to drop the WWA in areas that have already seen snow. Criteria is so low, I would imagine leaving in place would be beneficial to cover potential road hazards at minimum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Ridge said:

Nice little reverse jinx. Good looking out, MRX! 

I do find it peculiar to drop the WWA in areas that have already seen snow. Criteria is so low, I would imagine leaving in place would be beneficial to cover potential road hazards at minimum. 

Yeah roads are going to be awful with the temps. Surprised they cancelled the advisory due to poor conditions regardless of accumulation. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic