Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

11 hours ago, rgwp96 said:

No way ? , I had 14.8 inches that year in butler nj Morris county . Few times we had grass covered in that pathetic year 

We were a little too far west in the early December storm that year and only got about 2". I think my biggest event was 2.5" otherwise.

47 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

My excuse is I've been zonked out the last few days from either the flu or a nasty cold (2x neggy tests so feel safe as far as that goes). Between that and not having much of a dog in the fight as you say, there was definitely no staying up for the 00z Euro... or the 12z on some days. 

Yeah, 2022 picked up right where 2021 left off, all shit.  My entire family has had COVID now over the past three weeks minus me and my wife, as far as we know. My kids all bounced back quickly, my oldest son is completely asymptomatic and my grandson only had a fever for a couple days that thankfully broke a few days ago now.  My mother though tested positive a couple days ago and she was diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer last week.  My SIL was able to get her the 5 days OTC pills that were approved a few weeks ago.  My mother reports some improvement this morning but still really tired, stuffy and a cough, and she was already on an O2 concentrator but she's putting up a fight which is obviously good.  The same day we found out about my mother last week I had to put the family cat down, it was time as he was sick but it all sucks.  Trying to focus on the positives and take 'em as they come.  Take care of yourself and that goes for everyone here, dammit!  :drunk:       

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, 2022 picked up right where 2021 left off, all shit.  My entire family has had COVID now over the past three weeks minus me and my wife, as far as we know. My kids all bounced back quickly, my oldest son is completely asymptomatic and my grandson only had a fever for a couple days that thankfully broke a few days ago now.  My mother though tested positive a couple days ago and she was diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer last week.  My SIL was able to get her the 5 days OTC pills that were approved a few weeks ago.  My mother reports some improvement this morning but still really tired, stuffy and a cough, and she was already on an O2 concentrator but she's putting up a fight which is obviously good.  The same day we found out about my mother last week I had to put the family cat down, it was time as he was sick but it all sucks.  Trying to focus on the positives and take 'em as they come.  Take care of yourself and that goes for everyone here, dammit!  :drunk:       

Shit. I'm so sorry, what an awful hand to be dealt to start the year. Keeping you and your family, especially your mom, in my thoughts. Let me know if I can do anything.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Shit. I'm so sorry, what an awful hand to be dealt to start the year. Keeping you and your family, especially your mom, in my thoughts. Let me know if I can do anything.

Thanks.  There are worse hands out there though so we focus on that and one step at a time.  One of the mantras I drilled into my sons heads from a young age is a slight twist on a Denis Leary quote which I adapted to "Sometimes life sucks so you better have a helmet" 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

We were a little too far west in the early December storm that year and only got about 2". I think my biggest event was 2.5" otherwise.

Wow , I knew the year sucked lol .    Looking at pictures I had snow cover in December 4th than in January again. Was prob the only times lol. 

41 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Hang in there buddy, if you need anything let me know. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Sorry to hear.  Wishing you and your family better health and better days.  Hang in there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

My excuse is I've been zonked out the last few days from either the flu or a nasty cold (2x neggy tests so feel safe as far as that goes). Between that and not having much of a dog in the fight as you say, there was definitely no staying up for the 00z Euro... or the 12z on some days. 

fwiw-my daughter tested negative 3 times, 2 rapid and 1 pcr, before testing positive.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Sorry to hear this.  stay strong.  the sun will come out tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Good afternoon Irish. Sometimes, with difficulty, I look back at the path I’ve taken seemingly without choice. Being alone, as my decline accelerates, it seems only with the interaction of some others, such as those on this forum, to help me remain alert and thinking. I think about paths such as the one you and others presently navigate. Looking at them keeps me from the danger of becoming self absorbed. I still will continue to believe in light and happy endings. Irish, all the positive energy I can generate I send to your mother and your entire family. Stay well, my friend. The world we woke to today was one of frozen beauty. Though it won’t last, it’s lesson will. We will all find peace. As always ….

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hitman said:

fwiw-my daughter tested negative 3 times, 2 rapid and 1 pcr, before testing positive.

My asymptomatic son just text that one of his buddies out at ND, who has felt like crap for a week now, tested negative on two PCR tests but took three at home tests where he swabbed his throat and all three came back positive.  Interesting stuff.  

12 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon Irish. Sometimes, with difficulty, I look back at the path I’ve taken seemingly without choice. Being alone, as my decline accelerates, it seems only with the interaction of some others, such as those on this forum, to help me remain alert and thinking. I think about paths such as the one you and others presently navigate. Looking at them keeps me from the danger of becoming self absorbed. I still will continue to believe in light and happy endings. Irish, all the positive energy I can generate I send to your mother and your entire family. Stay well, my friend. The world we woke to today was one of frozen beauty. Though it won’t last, it’s lesson will. We will all find peace. As always ….

Thank you.  I see you as one of the board Dads and your contributions are always appreciated.  Sure weather brought us here but at the end of the day we all have other things in common, the main thing being life.  So whatever we can do to help each other out is a good thing.  I didn't want my post to seem like attention getting but I alluded to stuff going on in one of my posts and Julian gave me the opportunity to elaborate.  I really can't stand when people check themselves in at a hospital on social media for example and then don't say why they are there.  I think one should either come out with it or not say anything and there's nothing wrong with coming out with it.  I know I appreciate folks opening up a bit and not because I'm nosey but because we all have been through our fair share of shit in life and through shared experiences maybe we can help each other out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Damn bro. I’m so sorry to hear. If you need anything you know where to find me! 

• Thanks 1

Hey Irish,

So sorry to hear about your family issues. We all have them, in greater or lesser amounts.

Sadly we all get old and frail, certainly not what we'd planned for, but life happens. Just keep the faith, it will work out somehow.

Please keep adding your wit and wisdom to this site, it's what makes the place worth visiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, etudiant said:

Hey Irish,

So sorry to hear about your family issues. We all have them, in greater or lesser amounts.

Sadly we all get old and frail, certainly not what we'd planned for, but life happens. Just keep the faith, it will work out somehow.

Please keep adding your wit and wisdom to this site, it's what makes the place worth visiting.

Once I find some wit or wisdom I’ll be sure to do that!  Thanks everyone, it’s not about me but I do appreciate it, we all have our own challenges and battles. I do believe that tough guys/gals face those challenges and talk about them so I’m here for all of you as well if/when needed. 

• Like 5

On 1/7/2022 at 11:39 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Jeez, what a start to the year.  Prayers that things get better for you and family. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:39 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Damn dude, when it rains it pours. Hoping for better times in the near future for you and your family. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Temp is still coasting downward here, more than an hour and a half after sunrise... but only to 7F, which is pretty meh for the widely advertised "bitter blast"

Yeah same thoughts here. All this buildup and I had a morning low of 9° exactly 6 degrees below the normal low for the date. I realize it won't rise much so the high should be well below the average high of 35 but give me below0 before we start talking about cold like we haven't seen in several years. Ridic.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Yeah same thoughts here. All this buildup and I had a morning low of 9° exactly 6 degrees below the normal low for the date. I realize it won't rise much so the high should be well below the average high of 35 but give me below 0 before we start talking about cold like we haven't seen in several years. Ridic.

I dunno, it only got to about 16 when I was out and about this afternoon so 20 below avg is pretty significant.