Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

8 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Above a couple of inches won't likely happen Thursday night into Friday in our neck of the woods.  Action is south and east again.  Let's see mid month. 

Agree. It's hard to envision big totals anywhere to be fair... I'd be a little surprised if anyone sees half a foot. Not one of our classic blockbuster fringe jobs, thankfully.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Agree. It's hard to envision big totals anywhere to be fair... I'd be a little surprised if anyone sees half a foot. Not one of our classic blockbuster fringe jobs, thankfully.

If this one somehow covers the lawn completely, which usually takes 2.5 to 3 inches I'll consider it a win. It's 50-50 where I am in Orange County if that even happens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

This leaves much to be desired in terms of moisture and mid-level lift. At least the air is cold enough to accommodate light snowfall rates. 1-3" still looks like a safe bet, with the hope that any localized enhancements within the initial WAA push can get one toward the high end of that range.

68atM25.png

Striving....towards...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

If this one somehow covers the lawn completely, which usually takes 2.5 to 3 inches I'll consider it a win. It's 50-50 where I am in Orange County if that even happens.

I went the entire winter of 19-20 without having the grass completely covered even once and I live in NW NJ.

10 hours ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

I went the entire winter of 19-20 without having the grass completely covered even once and I live in NW NJ.

No way ? , I had 14.8 inches that year in butler nj Morris county . Few times we had grass covered in that pathetic year 

11 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

2.8 inches as of 6 am, so the 5-6 hour worked out well. I don't expect 6-7 am will be anywhere close to an additional inch.

Envious of whats going on 50 miles to the south and east.

I didn't think KU-esque bands were on the table with this thing, but I guess I should know by now that if it's a coastal low, someone's getting 3-4"/hr rates. Very impressive.

2.2" here, looks nice but hard to get excited about

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I didn't think KU-esque bands were on the table with this thing, but I guess I should know by now that if it's a coastal low, someone's getting 3-4"/hr rates. Very impressive.

2.2" here, looks nice but hard to get excited about

There were some good indications the past couple days of the intense band but I didn't pay too much attention as I knew I was too far NW.  Good for the folks who got under it though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

There were some good indications the past couple days of the intense band but I didn't pay too much attention as I knew I was too far NW.  Good for the folks who got under it though.  

My excuse is I've been zonked out the last few days from either the flu or a nasty cold (2x neggy tests so feel safe as far as that goes). Between that and not having much of a dog in the fight as you say, there was definitely no staying up for the 00z Euro... or the 12z on some days. 

• Sad 1

... Between that and not having much of a dog in the fight as you say, there was definitely no staying up for the 00z Euro... or the 12z on some days. 

Sorry but I saw the perfect way to brag about my 5 month old puppy experiencing her first real snow today e4afc64443f128c64cedf9ca9f834fb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, nycemt123 said:

Sorry but I saw the perfect way to brag about my 5 month old puppy experiencing her first real snow today emoji4.pnge4afc64443f128c64cedf9ca9f834fb1.jpg

She's adorable. I've been missing my dogs lately... they always loved a good romp in the fresh snow. Thinking it might be time for another one soon. 

• Like 1

She's adorable. I've been missing my dogs lately... they always loved a good romp in the fresh snow. Thinking it might be time for another one soon. 
Definitely! If you do rescues, there's sadly so many available because people got dogs for lockdown